Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:08 AM

468 posts, read 580,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Not to mention gas prices are keeping more people local this year than usual. Between that and the heat, it's no surprise.
I don't think locals have to drive around for an hour to find parking In fact all their driveways prevented us from getting anything on those streets either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Joeso, Towns with amusements are always crowded in the summers on Saturdays when the temp. is 95 degrees. You can't go at 2 PM thinking you will pull up to a spot right next to the ocean. One town south of PPB is Bay Head no boardwalk or rides. We went at 130PM and we parked 3 cars from the beach.
I saw that also. I would have even settled for no boardwalk but restaurants or something,but when there was nothing there was also nothing. Driving down 35 from PP to Seaside it was all residential,no businesses! I was thinking these people have to even drive how many miles to a store?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
I just could not believe it today as I rolled into Point Pleasant Beach thinking I could stop there for the day and hit the beach...wrongo!

I was simply blown away by the vast,unstoppable amount of vehicular abundance in that town today! There was literally not a parking spot to be found anywhere! Public lots,overpriced lots,residential streets...
I even saw people walking miles down the road to the beach! I thought uh uh this ain't worth it! I could barely even get back on the main road to beat it out of there! It had to be the single worst experience in a shore town in my life,and I've pretty much been to em all up the coast.

One of the things that threw me back was that I thought Seaside was one of the worst for traffic so I never expected this.

My main question is,what is/are the most crowded NJ beach towns?

My experience has been that it seems to dwindle as you go further south.
Is it all the New Yorkers hitting the northern beaches or something?

What gives?
Noone from south jersey goes to that beach because it sucks, however northerners think it's the best thing inthe world

Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Noone from south jersey goes to that beach because it sucks, however northerners think it's the best thing inthe world
maybe people from southern NJ don't go to the beach but those towns are full of people from PA

Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,805 times
If I want to go to the beach I go to Island State Park. If I want to go to people watch I go to Seaside or Point Pleasant (tho it seems the older I get the more "annoying kids" there are there. lol). For something in the middle I go to Wildwood. Otherwise its the garden hose and a lawnchair in my backyard.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
If I want to go to the beach I go to Island State Park. If I want to go to people watch I go to Seaside or Point Pleasant (tho it seems the older I get the more "annoying kids" there are there. lol). For something in the middle I go to Wildwood. Otherwise its the garden hose and a lawnchair in my backyard.
Also South Seaside Park you DONT have a problem parking and the side streets are dont have meters......beaches are nicer than the hieghts I think.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
maybe people from southern NJ don't go to the beach but those towns are full of people from PA

Even PA people tend to stick to the South Jersey beaches. Even up here in Northeast PA, people either go to South Jersey beaches like Ocean City, Wildwood, and Cape May or to Ocean City, MD. I don't recall hearing many people from here going to the northern beaches

Old 06-11-2008, 11:01 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Even PA people tend to stick to the South Jersey beaches. Even up here in Northeast PA, people either go to South Jersey beaches like Ocean City, Wildwood, and Cape May or to Ocean City, MD. I don't recall hearing many people from here going to the northern beaches
that was my point, the OP said nobody from his part of NJ don't go to the beach, it is rare to find PA people north of LBI

Old 06-11-2008, 12:56 PM

76 posts, read 363,872 times
Find a 'not so touristy' beach and you wont have that problem. That is why I love Avon...it has a short boardwalk (no rides or games or any of that junk)...just beach and boards....free parking....and mainly locals.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
that was my point, the OP said nobody from his part of NJ don't go to the beach, it is rare to find PA people north of LBI
That's why I go there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey