Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 AM

13,410 posts, read 28,763,397 times

Advertisements

Ok we have had no A/C in our office all season..it's broke
We suffered through yesterday with fans blowing hot air around..how hot does it have to get in here before one could leave with no repercussions??

You can bet your boopee if the A/C was broke in the exec area it would have been addressed and fixed by now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 09:59 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,678,742 times
I don't know that there is something for that.... but if there is, it would probably be under "Air Quality" conditions; PEOSHA was involved in this in 2004 iirc.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I don't know that there is something for that.... but if there is, it would probably be under "Air Quality" conditions; PEOSHA was involved in this in 2004 iirc.

you know the heat is bad enough..but.. there is NO AIR I feel like I've been on a round trip flight to japan...one of the girls just took her sandals off because her feet are swelling

You can't open the windows...those sealed office windows

Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 AM

Found it:

Response to Temperature and Carbon Dioxide

Temperature
Quote:
Where a mechanical ventilation system capable of regulating temperature is present, facilities personnel strive to maintain office building temperatures within the range of 68 to 79 degrees Fahrenheit. If outside this range, the Designated Person should be contacted. The Designated Person will ascertain whether the HVAC system is operating properly. If not, the system must be repaired. The IAQ Standard does not require the installation of new HVAC equipment to achieve this temperature range.
http://www.nj.gov/health/eoh/peoshweb/iaq.pdf

Old 06-10-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You can't open the windows...those sealed office windows
Ah - thats an issue.

Quote:
In many older buildings, ventilation is achieved through a non-mechanical ventilation system such as operable windows or ventilation shafts. If operable windows are present, the employer is obligated to ensure that windows are maintained in an operable condition and vent shafts are not blocked. Employees should be informed that the building was designed for employees to utilize windows to provide fresh outside air as necessary. However, using untempered outside air from windows to achieve adequate ventilation may result in temperature complaints.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Found it:

Response to Temperature and Carbon Dioxide

Temperature

http://www.nj.gov/health/eoh/peoshweb/iaq.pdf
Thank you

Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,624,570 times
Poor kate.......want me to bring you an italian ice?? Opening a window wouldnt help much I dont think its steaming out there.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Poor kate.......want me to bring you an italian ice?? Opening a window wouldnt help much I dont think its steaming out there.
Italian Ice sounds really good Mare...thanks

I'm going out to my car for a few....ride around the block with the AC on

Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,410,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Ok we have had no A/C in our office all season..it's broke
We suffered through yesterday with fans blowing hot air around..how hot does it have to get in here before one could leave with no repercussions??

You can bet your boopee if the A/C was broke in the exec area it would have been addressed and fixed by now...
Go home. Do you really think they'd fire you over it? If so, perhaps a well-planned "heat exhaustion faint" is in order- just make sure to catch your head on the corner of the copier on the way down so you can sue for damages.....

Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Go home. Do you really think they'd fire you over it? If so, perhaps a well-planned "heat exhaustion faint" is in order- just make sure to catch your head on the corner of the copier on the way down so you can sue for damages.....

Thanks Bob....as soon as my back up comes back from lunch I'm leaving
I offered for her to go home but she car pools with her husband so she is stuck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey