Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:19 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndTheCity View Post
Oh okay.. I was just curious.. coz I met a guy who was living there and i am contemplating if I should give him a chance since I don't want to feel out of place in his neighborhood.

Quite a shallow reason not to "give a guy a chance".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 02:34 PM

943 posts, read 4,258,956 times
Why isn't this in the New Jersey forum?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:13 AM

4 posts, read 6,479 times
I Live in Bayonne, Love it,very nice people, very family focused. People stay there for generations, and care a lot about their town. That helps make it a great place to shop, bring up kids, walk in the many many parks. This blue collar town label is getting old, its full of professionals, ( check out the realty prices!), and is a very self contained town.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Its in New Jersey, adjacent to Jersey City and across the Arthur Kill from Staten Island.

Its a pleasant, blue collar town with diners, taverns and even some rather chic restaurants. Not the prettiest place, but not ugly either. Kind of like going back in time in a way.

As for demographics, I have not been there for several years, but it was primarily Irish and Polish Americans then.

Put it this way: When Springsteen sings "My Hometown", this is what he is remembering with fondness.
??? I believe that song was written about Freehold, NJ. Definitely NOT Bayonne.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Quite a shallow reason not to "give a guy a chance".
Agreed....

Old 04-25-2009, 08:54 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post

A lot of the opening scenes in that War of the Worlds movie directed by Speilberg and starring Tom Cruise was filmed in Bayonne and the closeby Ironbound section of Newark. So take a look at that movie if you want to see what it looks like.
The bridge that was destroyed in that movie is the Bayonne Bridge, which connects Bayonne and Staten Island.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 AM

592 posts, read 2,187,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
The bridge that was destroyed in that movie is the Bayonne Bridge, which connects Bayonne and Staten Island.
does that mean we cant goto staten island now? did they finally win against the aliens that were invading bayonne. I havent see any grey shaped little guys running around here lately though, so the army must be doing a good job.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
does that mean we cant goto staten island now? did they finally win against the aliens that were invading bayonne. I havent see any grey shaped little guys running around here lately though, so the army must be doing a good job.
No, they did a really quick repair.

A far as no aliens being around here, I'm not so sure....

Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
No, they did a really quick repair.

A far as no aliens being around here, I'm not so sure....
Aliens are all in the Trenton but something definetely is in the Bayonne water The Associated Press: 12-year-old girl throws perfect game against boys and 1010wins.com - New Jersey Boy Throws a Perfect Game on Opening Day (http://www.1010wins.com/NJ-12-Year-Old-Pitches-A-Perfect-Game-on-Opening-D/4221344 - broken link)

Old 04-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
Aliens are all in the Trenton but something definetely is in the Bayonne water The Associated Press: 12-year-old girl throws perfect game against boys and 1010wins.com - New Jersey Boy Throws a Perfect Game on Opening Day (http://www.1010wins.com/NJ-12-Year-Old-Pitches-A-Perfect-Game-on-Opening-D/4221344 - broken link)
Amazing, isn't it?

My parents started Bayonne Little League back in the early 50s. It was my mother's idea initially, but my father gets more of the credit. It drove her nuts. When they passed away (my father in 2005, my mother 15 months later), the Little League sent gorgeous floral pieces -- my father got a baseball, but my mother got one in the shape of the Little League keystone logo, with 'Founder' across it, so she got the last laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey