Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM

161 posts, read 767,601 times

Advertisements

I am looking at buying a bunch to put in my mancave basement. I dont want to pay the ridiculous prices you see at the mall and I like to see what I am buying so that rules our Ebay and online sellers.

Is there a convention anywhere in NJ or NYC that is on the horizon? I cant seem to find what I am looking for online so I ask on here for help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 03:02 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
I am looking at buying a bunch to put in my mancave basement. I dont want to pay the ridiculous prices you see at the mall and I like to see what I am buying so that rules our Ebay and online sellers.

Is there a convention anywhere in NJ or NYC that is on the horizon? I cant seem to find what I am looking for online so I ask on here for help.

Thanks
there's a shop in Red Bank that has a large amount of this stuff, I cannot say how their prices are, it is call something like famemobilia, or something like that.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:18 PM

Get the **** outta here....they are charging $125.00 for an Aaron Boone autographed ball on their website....thats INSANE!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:58 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
Get the **** outta here....they are charging $125.00 for an Aaron Boone autographed ball on their website....thats INSANE!
I did say I had no idea about their prices

Old 06-13-2008, 09:07 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,936 times
Maybe you'll find something on the MLB site since the All Star games will be he held in July in NY.

GL

Old 06-14-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
I did say I had no idea about their prices
Lol. thanks for the help. It was a good suggestion, but wow....just wow

Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Maybe you'll find something on the MLB site since the All Star games will be he held in July in NY.

GL
MLB and Steiner Sports are possibly two of the most over priced places to get this kind of stuff from.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:52 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Cheap memorabilia is an oxymoron. There is no such thing.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,044 times
You can try Bcsports.com - they have a few decent deals. I would shop in their stores before going online; a lot of times places have unadvertised deals in the stores to clear out inventory.

Also, here's a few money saving tips:

Don't think everything has to be autographed. Autographed merch really isn't that great of an investment unless the people signing are the upper echelons of sports greats, guaranteed HOF's.

Instead, get bigger pictures of unautographed material, and use that to compliment the autographed memorabilia you do buy. Or, get pictures of "scrubs" who have had memorable moments (which is usually cheaper) and compliment that way.

For example, a friend of mine decorated with a big picture of the Buckner Play, but then added Orosco tossing his glove and Endy Chavez's catch. Total cost: 250. (150 for Buckner, 50 for Orosco, 50 for Endy)

I'm guessing you're a Yankee fan - unfortunately, that kind of merch always has the highest price tag.

Another way of getting great memorabilia is making your own. (Bear with me on this) - I'm a hobbyist photographer, so I went onto Stub Hub and bought some really great seats for a recent Yankee game. I went very early, as soon as the gates opened, and I got some really nice portraits of Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, and Joba. Yeah, they aren't autographed, but I can get them autographed down the road, and I can tell my son that Daddy took that picture.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:45 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Check out

About Us : Legends Gallery Sports Memorabilia and Collectibles | Call: 973.635.5422, Sports memorabilia and collectibles for all sports fans

Located in Chatham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey