Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:17 AM

6 posts, read 8,990 times

Advertisements

I agree with hobokenguy, since I work on site as well.
Also better negotiating on quick delivery homes hands down, they need to close these homes according to a schedule. When there complete they need to close. We give a 10k incentive on homes and up to 70k on quick delivery. The only downside is they are pre-selected so you can't pick your own options and usually can't change anything. Still worth it because it's almost like getting your options for free. These builder know what people want and usually do neutral colors ... Well at least we do.

By the way Great Topic, I just feel like I'm at work.... Well I am...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 PM

29 posts, read 124,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbound08 View Post
I agree with hobokenguy, since I work on site as well.
Also better negotiating on quick delivery homes hands down, they need to close these homes according to a schedule. When there complete they need to close. We give a 10k incentive on homes and up to 70k on quick delivery. The only downside is they are pre-selected so you can't pick your own options and usually can't change anything. Still worth it because it's almost like getting your options for free. These builder know what people want and usually do neutral colors ... Well at least we do.

By the way Great Topic, I just feel like I'm at work.... Well I am...
Thank you! This information has been SO helpful!! Who knew that I was asking a great question?!?! Not me, that's for sure!

Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM

12 posts, read 36,390 times
Yes my name is Sharon just tell her I told you to call. She will take care of you or any questions you have.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:47 PM

12 posts, read 36,390 times
That's not true Hoboken my neighbor bought their house thru the builder and paid for the same house I have 80,000 more then I did and they didn't use a realtor. So everyone has their own opinion.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:06 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon70 View Post
That's not true Hoboken my neighbor bought their house thru the builder and paid for the same house I have 80,000 more then I did and they didn't use a realtor. So everyone has their own opinion.
And that's why I put IMO at the end of my sentence...it's my opinion.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,786 times
I almost bought a new construction home without a Realtor and it was the worst thing I ever tried...my lawyer managed to lose me $50,000 by not protecting me and the builder totally screwed us to the floorboards.they didn't even break ground on time..I know there are 3 others from the same target development that are currently sueing the builder who is now filing bankruptcy...please do not ask me for the builder's name...just make sure you use a Realtor help you...it costs nothing and the peace of mind is well worth the while. As for attorneys, make sure they are Real Estate/Closing Attorneys and not the family practitioner...Once you have found a Realtor that you feel comfortable with, stay with them. Good luck!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:27 PM

526 posts, read 1,391,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbound08 View Post
I work for a national builder selling new homes. Sales consultants that work for these builders ARE Licensed. If you havent already walked in there yet with an agent I would go alone. If you already have then the agent will have to get paid a commission from the builder. Even though we work for the builder we do work closely with the buyers. K.Hovnanian is a great company and they also send out a survey for customer satisfaction after you close. Do you think for a minute that they would jeapordize themselves by giving a buyer false information and not look out for their best interest, since these surveys mean so much to them??????? I know a sales consultant that also works for a national builder that just gave 100k off of a quick delivery home. The buyer asked and she received.... It was not an agent deal... Ask and maybe you shall receive.
I have nothing against real estate agents, I'm also Lic. but strickly work for a builder, but who better to work with than the sales person there, they have sold hundreds of homes and know that community better than anyone else. Of course once you go into contract you should get your own attorney.
Best of luck to you
Of course you disclose to the buyer that you represent the seller / builders interests only right???

You speak as if you do nothing if the buyer is represented by a REALTOR, but I know that not to be true, the on site still sits down with the buyer to help select options, colors, cabinets ... and in this day and age to be having this conversation just seems to be silly.

All buyers should realize it is the on site persons responsibility to get the builder the largest profit margin possible.

I like this little tidbit:

Important Information About Buying New Construction Homes: When considering new construction homes, condominiums, & townhomes, it is very important to understand that you must visit the sales center with the project for the first time, with a qualified professional REALTOR who is not associated with the builder / developer. Otherwise the builder / developer will not allow you to have independent representation and require you to work with the builders REALTOR who will represent you under the rules of Duel Agency, which basically mean that said REALTOR will in effect represent the builder. If you visit the builder’s sales center and register with your professional New Jersey REALTOR you can then have for free, professional representation dedicated to you.

Be sure to ask your REALTOR if he / she or their company has a representation relationship with the builder before you agree to having them represent you.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:03 PM

29 posts, read 124,356 times
thank you everyone for confusing me even more. maybe i should stick to renting.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 PM

14 posts, read 121,920 times
To answer one of your original questions regarding "how much" should you negotiate, I just read in this month's Money magazine, that in today's real estate market asking at least 10% off the asking price is very realistic.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:59 PM

132 posts, read 410,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozaay View Post
thank you everyone for confusing me even more. maybe i should stick to renting.
Without a doubt, get a real estate attorney. Getting a realtor is really optional with new construction. Just do your homework.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey