Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM

169 posts, read 702,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
See my comments in bold below.
Thank you for the clarification Bob...

The reason for two realtors is because one has a great online, e-mail setup that auto emails me changes.... I use her for the listings in her area since she specializes in that area. I do use those listings with my other realtor because his office is based in the main town I'm looking in and he specializes there.

Then again, I can (and do) go to njmls and find ALL the same houses that the automatic e-mailer sends me (without the address) so I doubt she would ever come after the commission there is no proof I used her listings...

I'm on the computer all day looking at houses... I look so much I can see the front of the house and recite the specs of the house... it's scary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 AM

169 posts, read 702,924 times
"You'd think they'd be working in your best interest, but read the language- you'll quickly see otherwise."

Where can I read up on this?

Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin View Post
"You'd think they'd be working in your best interest, but read the language- you'll quickly see otherwise."

Where can I read up on this?
Get a copy of the contract/offer that you'll be submitting, and any riders/disclosures that you'll be asked to sign- your agent can provide them to you. Tell him/her you want to get a jumpstart on seeing what you're going to have to commit to.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:44 PM

220 posts, read 623,537 times
Hi Itznin.

I think it's a great idea to get a copy of agreement prior to making a decision so you have time to fully read it & absorb all it has to say. Most are very similar highlighting all the laws that are in place to protect each side of the transaction.
I also agree to start looking for your lawyer now. It will only help you when you find that "perfect home" & want to move quickly. Nothing is worse than being all excited & wanting answers but you have to wait on technicalities. PLUS, he will read that agreement for you & tell you exactly how it effects you & how you are covered.
Sounds like your biggest concern is understanding all the issues surrounding NJ "Agency Laws". Specifically if you enter into a "Dual Agency" agreement with your agent & brokerage (buying a home directly from the agent who is working to find you a home).
I know it may not help you to hear from a Realtor if you are already wary but if you feel your agent & his broker are reputable (check out how long in biz etc), you should have no problems proceeding with a Dual Agency transaction (especially if you have a lawyer in place). These transactions occur regularly especially if your agent is a good one with a bunch of listings. The chances that you may fall in love with one is always a possibility (& happens fairly often). If he has a proven track record (check out his portfolio or maybe a webpage to give you some idea) I'd like to think there was little chance he would attempt to act unethically for 1/4 more in commission. (I know, I know...there are always jerks wherever you go...)
If you feel comfortable with him, maybe you could ask him to sit down to discuss your concerns about it? Good luck & keep us posted....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: