Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:35 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Marilyn, I didn't mean it meanly, sorry if it came across that way. I was just shocked at the price is all. I pay $30 for a haircut every 6 months or so and do my own color. I don't spend money on anything extra these days. Since I got divorced, there isn't much left over after the bills are paid.
Don't sweat it, I still love you!! People should know me enough by now to know that I ball bust alittle too!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 05:02 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You need to go to a stylist well versed and practicing in it not someone who may do it once or twice a year.
I've had no breakage or falling out....unfortunately I can not induldge in highlights anymore like marilyn. stylist said..highlights or straight you CAN NOT do both!! lol You can still color just no bleach.

They wash your hair, put a solution on, comb it straight.sit, sit sit for anywhere from 1/2 hour to 45 minutes
Rinse it out then flat iron it while still wet, very small sections and the flat iron has to stay at a certain degree, can't remeber what degree..this is the longest part
After that they put on a neutralizer....I think they rinse that, can't remember then blow out and about 4-5 hours later your done
That sound great Kate, where do you go?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
How often do you have to get highlights done? That would be the deciding factor on price.

I get mine cut every 2-3 months for $30 plus tip
once a year i get japanese straightening...$300 plus tip and it's worth every single penny to me as I have thick curly hair that is totally unruly in hot or humid weather. It's a long process hence the cost as the stylist can't see other clients ....took almost 5 hours

Enjoy your cut Marilyn
Hi
i would like to know the salon that does yuko japanese hair straightening in south jersey or in Philadelphia...last time i did this in LA and it cost me around 270 bucks...since we moved to south nj recently,now iam looking for a salon and i am willing to pay till 300 bucks...Please Advice...

Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I don't think there are more than 10 women in the entire state of New Mexico (minus Santa Fe of course) that have spent this money on hair. I am stunned.

Mike, this is typical for NJ...luckily I found someone to do it all for $85 but that is more common than you think, hair cuts and color are very expensive.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Well, I can honestly say that I would NEVER pay that amount of $$ for a haircut. but then again, my mom is a hairstylist and owns a place down in the Miami, FL area. I just spoke to her and asked her how much she charges for a haircut & color on a woman, her price ranges are from $20 to $35 for a regular, simple haircut and $45 and up for hair color depending on exactly what the person wants done.
Ummm...ok you're GUY in case you haven't noticed so of course not, easy for you to say! If you were a woman and wanted to look good you'd be doing it too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey