Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:55 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,401 times

Advertisements

...Just messin' with ya?

I'm bored!

Shanny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,082 times
Wink Lol

you sick little monkey !!!
Made me laugh & toot on that one !!

ok I'm climbing on the BORED Wagon...... yawn....

Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
you sick little monkey !!!
Made me laugh & toot on that one !!

ok I'm climbing on the BORED Wagon...... yawn....
LOL! I knew I could count on you P!

Shanny

Old 06-24-2008, 05:10 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
...Just messin' with ya?

I'm bored!

Shanny
Don't you have nothing better to do?? ::shaking head::: by the way, Newark is a nice quaint town w/ a beautiful historic downtown, w/ plenty of restaurants, bars. Gorgeous Riverfront, tree lined streets, safe neighborhoods, the schools are always one of the best in NJ, they have plenty of performing arts and sports complex for you to take your children to, you can walk safely w/ nothing to worry in the world. I recommend it.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,598,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Don't you have nothing better to do?? ::shaking head::: by the way, Newark is a nice quaint town w/ a beautiful historic downtown, w/ plenty of restaurants, bars. Gorgeous Riverfront, tree lined streets, safe neighborhoods, the schools are always one of the best in NJ, they have plenty of performing arts and sports complex for you to take your children to, you can walk safely w/ nothing to worry in the world. I recommend it.
Tree lined streets..humm, not a huge fan of trees - we have way too many in NJ. Do you think it's a safe place for my pitbulls? I would like a nice sized yard with a fence to keep them safe. I'm looking for something in the range of 3500 sf, at least 5 acres, top school systems, close to NYC with a budget of 250K... will this work in JC or Newark area?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Tree lined streets..humm, not a huge fan of trees - we have way too many in NJ. Do you think it's a safe place for my pitbulls? I would like a nice sized yard with a fence to keep them safe. I'm looking for something in the range of 3500 sf, at least 5 acres, top school systems, close to NYC with a budget of 250K... will this work in JC or Newark area?

Well, because of your pitbulls I'd recommed JC for you, they'll have plenty of crackheads to chase, I mean plenty of room to run around, for 250k you can get more for you money in Newark since it's a bit further south than JC but you can't beat the proximity of JC to NYC, the views...well simply put, they're to die for.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Well, because of your pitbulls I'd recommed JC for you, they'll have plenty of crackheads to chase, I mean plenty of room to run around, for 250k you can get more for you money in Newark since it's a bit further south than JC but you can't beat the proximity of JC to NYC, the views...well simply put, they're to die for.
I actually find a really nice place in Newark in my price range... Felt very family friendly...all the neighborHOOD kids were hanging out on the corner chatting..just like the old days when we were kids. I can see my kids playing kick the can with these nice young lads. They looked very well groomed.. and wearing the latest styles so there must be some money in that area. They all seemed to have brand new Escalades as well. I may put an offer in this week... They're asking 250K....should I start at 150K?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
I actually find a really nice place in Newark in my price range... Felt very family friendly...all the neighborHOOD kids were hanging out on the corner chatting..just like the old days when we were kids. I can see my kids playing kick the can with these nice young lads. They looked very well groomed.. and wearing the latest styles so there must be some money in that area. They all seemed to have brand new Escalades as well. I may put an offer in this week... They're asking 250K....should I start at 150K?

Oh yes, the young people are very helpful around the neighborHOOD, you always see them taking the purses from the Older ladies in the area, helping them cross the streets and to get to church, my favorite is when they play cops & robbers at night and usually they like to come into my home & hide w/ their little 9mm toy guns, as far as lowballing your offer, I mean you could always try that but why take the chance of a lifetime for a beautiful home in such a desirable area, someone else might make an offer and STEAL it right from under you.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, the young people are very helpful around the neighborHOOD, you always see them taking the purses from the Older ladies in the area, helping them cross the streets and to get to church, my favorite is when they play cops & robbers at night and usually they like to come into my home & hide w/ their little 9mm toy guns, as far as lowballing your offer, I mean you could always try that but why take the chance of a lifetime for a beautiful home in such a desirable area, someone else might make an offer and STEAL it right from under you.
I actually took a ride through the neighborHOOD last night to see what it would be like at night... I must say, they have some huge fireflies... the street were lite up with them. They're not like our fireflies out here...they make loud popping sounds and the noise they make when they fly past your head... sounded almost like a jet wizzing by...a few hit my car and now I have huge holes and dents. I'll have to keep that in mind if I do decide to move there. I got a little lost trying to make my way through, but some nice gentleman not only gave me some really good direction, he changed all my tires for me... well he took the old ones away to be repaired but he promised to bring them back if I meet him again tonight. Very friendly neighborHOOD.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I actually took a ride through the neighborHOOD last night to see what it would be like at night... I must say, they have some huge fireflies... the street were lite up with them. They're not like our fireflies out here...they make loud popping sounds and the noise they make when they fly past your head... sounded almost like a jet wizzing by...a few hit my car and now I have huge holes and dents. I'll have to keep that in mind if I do decide to move there. I got a little lost trying to make my way through, but some nice gentleman not only gave me some really good direction, he changed all my tires for me... well he took the old ones away to be repaired but he promised to bring them back if I meet him again tonight. Very friendly neighborHOOD.
Oh, you must've been confusing all the fireflies w/ the fireworks they have every night, specially w/ the 4th of July coming up. You are making me nostalgic about my childhood days. Someday when I make enough money I'll try to buy my dream home there and move my family into one of their pristine, well kept residential areas, I hear another one of the advantages is that the taxes are real low, and a lot of affluent families have moved in, I also hear there's no low income affordable housing so the property values will keep on rising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey