Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:04 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times

Advertisements

Sparta Independent - New Jersey lawmakers consider medical marijuana bill - Straus Newspapers

How would you feel about this?

I think its fine if it helps them with their illness.

Seeing some of these commercials on TV for drugs with side effects like increased semen, increased gambling, nausea, vomiting, irritability, etc, etc makes me wonder whether they actually do anyone any good.

If that kind of garbage can be advertised as a solution to something as trivial as restless leg syndrome, then i say let grass be used as a medicine. Probably better for you then a lot of these pharmaceutical drugs out there these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 02:22 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Sparta Independent - New Jersey lawmakers consider medical marijuana bill - Straus Newspapers

Seeing some of these commercials on TV for drugs with side effects like increased semen, increased gambling, nausea, vomiting, irritability, etc, etc makes me wonder whether they actually do anyone any good.

If that kind of garbage can be advertised as a solution to something as trivial as restless leg syndrome, then i say let grass be used as a medicine. Probably better for you then a lot of these pharmaceutical drugs out there these days
Given the fact that in the US alcohol has probably ruined more lives, been responsible for more deaths, broken up more relationships, on and on, than marijuana ever will and yet is sold freely (don't even get me started on the far more addictive and deadly legalized substance, tobacco)....then couple it with the notion that the amount of tax revenue the state would collect on grass would probably solve many of the state's fiscal woes, I think it should just be legalized, period.

Not that I'll ever see that happen in my lifetime or the next...

Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post

I'm sorry but medicine is medicine and weed is weed. Medical Marijuana was cooked up by a bunch of hippies who actually put down the bag of cheetos, turned off the TV, and got a referendum passed. It's been proven that doctors in California will prescribe marijuana for anything from occasional headaches to pain from a stubbed toe. Also how DOES one prescribe marijuana? "Take two massive bong tokes with breakfast and then do a shotgun before bed..." I say medicinal Mary Jane is a bunch of phooey.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,303 times
*shrug*

Pot makes people sedentary. It helps people on chemo keep food down. You can't overdose. Its relatively inexpensive; atleast, one of the cheapest out there.

Personally I hate the smell, but if people wanna do it, I don't care, medical or not.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
*shrug*

Pot makes people sedentary. It helps people on chemo keep food down. You can't overdose. Its relatively inexpensive; atleast, one of the cheapest out there.

Personally I hate the smell, but if people wanna do it, I don't care, medical or not.
I agree but I also smell "tax revenue" for the State.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I agree but I also smell "tax revenue" for the State.
If I didnt think Trenton would **** the money down the drain or pad their own bank accounts with it I would be all for it if this were the real reason.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I say medicinal Mary Jane is a bunch of phooey.
In many cases in CA, yes. However, it really does help some people, especially with cancer patients.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
*shrug*

Exactly....also increases the appetite some what...I saw that first hand with a friend..The Dr over at Sloan wished he could prescribe it...of course friend 'worked" around that one....his last days were a bit more tolerable

Old 06-26-2008, 08:10 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,300 times
Good............

But isn't available in pill form already anyway?

Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Good............

But isn't available in pill form already anyway?
Not exactly.

It was pulled, after only four years, back in 1989. A new synthetic version came out in 2006, but it has harsher effects in terms of vertigo, and its highly addictive.

Several of the oils and phenols contained within the nature-made stuff contain the anti-convulsive properties, which is not present in the pill. They also have the effect of being anti-inflammatory, an analgesic, an antidepressant, antioxidant, increases bloodflow, kills respiratory pathogens, etc. The pill form, as it is missing these other components, can increase anxiety and suppresses some portions of the immune system.

So its not a worthwhile solution at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: