Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times

Advertisements

Coruption in NJ??? Ya think!!! Corruption in New Jersey

It's just part of living in NJ : ) But all in all...I feel NJ is doing a little better than most other States. Like Lola said..it's a national issue...everyone in every State is struggling at the moment. It's been a good 12 years since it's been this bad and we made it through then and we'll do it again...NJians are tough, savvy... we'll be ok folks : ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
After making an alarmist statement this is the best you could come up with? How are we "frogs in the pot"?...Better yet what exactly does frogs in the pot mean?

Did anybody else get a laugh from the poster who wrote "This confirms we made the right decision to move" ?

Why do I have a feeling these were the same people who were barricaded in a tinfoil covered room during the Y2K hoax?
You must be new to NJ. Welcome. Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll learn quite a bit.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:22 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post

It's just part of living in NJ : ) But all in all...I feel NJ is doing a little better than most other States. Like Lola said..it's a national issue...everyone in every State is struggling at the moment. It's been a good 12 years since it's been this bad and we made it through then and we'll do it again...NJians are tough, savvy... we'll be ok folks : ))
If we're so tough and savvy (and supposedly smart), how did we get in such a fiscal mess? We're some of the most highly taxed in the US yet we're >30 billion in the hole.

To paraphrase Dean Wormer, "Tough, savvy and stupid is no way to go through life, son".

Maybe many don't feel they're getting as high a quality of corruption that they're paying dearly for.

Personally, I think we could get just as screwed royally by our state leaders for a whole lot less. It's not as though they hug and kiss us afterwords.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post

Your link is just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolamom View Post
You know that's just not that fair during these economic times. (I almost wanted to shout "PERSONAL FOUL!" :-) Look, he has a POV and is posting it and there is some truth behind it. You want to argue with context, fine. You want to dispute facts or slant or other specifics, fine. But just to dismiss him/her with a broad brush as "not making it" is not only UNFAIR but in today's climate, unhelpful to ANYBODY. Not to mention that it's VERY difficult for most norma folks to make it in today's economy and that is particularly true in NJ. I know it was just a knee jerk reaction but please reconsider your choice of words...

Flag on the play.....Penalty Stone...roughing the poster....20 yards first down!

But Seriously your right Lola, I was out of line with that "sour grapes" remark. AJ my apologys.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:30 PM

717 posts, read 773,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Flag on the play.....Penalty Stone...roughing the poster....20 yards first down!

But Seriously your right Lola, I was out of line with that "sour grapes" remark. AJ my apologys.
no problem, Its just about getting the best quality of life for my wife and I and our eventual children. we just do not see it happening in this state. We just look at our current hometown (Hoboken) see the corruption right in front of our face, this little town cant even agree on a stupid ass budget, and say we have to get the heck out of here.

Not to mention we will not miss the october-april New Jersey weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: