Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
ssh ssh started this thread

2 posts, read 5,242 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have just recently moved from Los Angeles to New Jersey. I work in New York city. My husband's work is in North Brunswick. We are looking for 1 bedroom apartment somewhere between New Brunswick and Metropark. The apartment complex has to be close to the train station that will take me to NYC. I also wouldn't mind the option of bus for my commute to NYC. But what I have noticed is that most of the apartments here do not have a washer/dryer in the apartment. My husband & I, both are not used to snow and thus would like to have the washer/dryer in the apartment.

Any recommendations?....Please help....

PS: We do not have kids, so good school district is not necessary. Our budget is $1000-$1300.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
Hi, I have just recently moved from Los Angeles to New Jersey. I work in New York city. My husband's work is in North Brunswick. We are looking for 1 bedroom apartment somewhere between New Brunswick and Metropark. The apartment complex has to be close to the train station that will take me to NYC. I also wouldn't mind the option of bus for my commute to NYC. But what I have noticed is that most of the apartments here do not have a washer/dryer in the apartment. My husband & I, both are not used to snow and thus would like to have the washer/dryer in the apartment.

Any recommendations?....Please help....

PS: We do not have kids, so good school district is not necessary. Our budget is $1000-$1300.
The washer and dryer might not be in the apt, but instead within the building. Be sure to ask about that. If renting a house, it may just not be included; you would have to get one.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
ssh ssh started this thread

2 posts, read 5,242 times
Thanks for your reply. I'll check to see if laundry is within the complex. However, I dread the time when my hubby or I will have to carry the load to laundry area in snow. We have never lived in a place where it snowed.

Also, we plan to rent an apartment. I don't think a house would be within our budget of $1000 - $1300.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
Cucullin mentioned the laundry could be WITHIN the building, not necessarily outside. In either case, we do get snow here, although not as much as in some places. Welcome to NJ!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,819 times
I don't think I would ever in a million years-connect snow and doing laundry-really- it's not that big of a deal.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:09 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
I don't think I would ever in a million years-connect snow and doing laundry-really- it's not that big of a deal.
I agree. That shouldn't be a consideration when getting an apartment. This is NJ, not Alaska.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 PM

195 posts, read 648,633 times
The houses + renting are expensive, especially in Bergen County.
Hard to find a nice house here for under $500,000 or renting under $2,000.

It´s not that snowy in NJ. We get like light snow. Snowstorm with 2 - 8 inches of accumulation that last for only couple of days occur like once every winter season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey