Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:17 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I'm trying to think where that is??? Exit 19 right? But you're right..we do have some great fishin' holes and tons of streams, brooks, rivers to fish in as well. What Twp. is your brother in?
I spelled it wrong. It is Ravine Rd in Phillipsburg. The Creek might have been Pohatcong Creek? 173 exit from 78.

It was a ravine too. A deep gash carved beside a mountain with the water rushing along the bottom.

The Pequest River runs through my brothers property. Fishing sucks in that portion but he intends to carve out some undercut banks and create some fishing habbitat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 PM

16 posts, read 46,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You do live in the sticks out there. But one things for sure, you got some really good secret fishing holes out there. My brother lives your way and took me to some places where we parked and walked through the woods only to come upon a little pond with nothing around but trees.

Let me try my memory. I remember a road called Revene Rd. It ran along a creek and what great Trout fishing there. It was your exit. You hardly feel like your in Jersey out there.
Desertsun41, did you used to live in NJ? I've "seen" you posting on the Vegas board. I'm in the process of buying a house in Vegas. DH and I plan to move there sometime in the next couple of years.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWannaLiveinVegas View Post
Desertsun41, did you used to live in NJ? I've "seen" you posting on the Vegas board. I'm in the process of buying a house in Vegas. DH and I plan to move there sometime in the next couple of years.
Yes I was born in JC NJ and lived in various places in NJ for 38 years. I escaped 12 years ago. While I miss many things, I will never move back.

When I go back there are only 3 places I go. Visit family, my beloved Lake Hopatcong which provided me with so much pleasure over the years, and Sandy Hook and a climb up the Twin Lights Lighthouse. Then I leave and dont miss it for a while again.

LV is a crime infested cesspool. Not to mention an oven. It is 116 here today and the real heat is still to come.

I beg of you to do your homework before making that move. LV is no longer the paradise it once was. It seems the city's reputation has never died. The city has.

Good luck.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:47 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I spelled it wrong. It is Ravine Rd in Phillipsburg. The Creek might have been Pohatcong Creek? 173 exit from 78.

It was a ravine too. A deep gash carved beside a mountain with the water rushing along the bottom.

The Pequest River runs through my brothers property. Fishing sucks in that portion but he intends to carve out some undercut banks and create some fishing habbitat.
Ok..he's over on the other side : ) I'm off of Rt. 80..not as "boonieish" : ) But we still have great fishing areas : )

Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex07860 View Post
why do people make it out to be that living in "rural" nnj is such a bad thing? I mean, for crying out loud, the city is only about an hour away it's not like we're living in kansas or iowa!
t

Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM

That's lake Iowa dear.

Mrs.Alex07860

Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Why do people make it out to be that living in "rural" NNJ is such a bad thing? I mean, for crying out loud, the city is only about an hour away it's not like we're living in Kansas or Iowa!
Northwestern NJ is not "that" rural. Just came back from a weekend out visiting BF's brother. Harrisville, PA about an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh. There is nothing out there!! 3/4 of the population lives in trailers. Even people that have 100 acre farms with 5 or 6 barns on them live in single and double wides.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Northwestern NJ is not "that" rural. Just came back from a weekend out visiting BF's brother. Harrisville, PA about an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh. There is nothing out there!! 3/4 of the population lives in trailers. Even people that have 100 acre farms with 5 or 6 barns on them live in single and double wides.
Well most folks in NJ think that NW jersey is rural by NJ standards...and you know what...I like to keep it that way....the less people the better.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Well most folks in NJ think that NW jersey is rural by NJ standards...and you know what...I like to keep it that way....the less people the better.
I'm with you 100%, I could never go back to city living.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'm with you 100%, I could never go back to city living.
"Green Acres is the place to be...farm livin' is the life for me...lalalalal (can't remember the rest of the lyrics)" do do da doop doop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey