Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:02 AM

11 posts, read 42,535 times

Advertisements

A lot of people from the West Indies move to England or Canada before they come to the U.S. - I have heard them refer to the difference in title in regard to the other countries before. If you are black in the U.K.-you are British. Their history there is a bit different than here though.[/quote]

I have to agree with what you said about a countries history affecting how people view themselves. My parents are from Costa Rica and my family looks like the United Nations with colors ranging from white to black and everything in between. They all view themselves as Ticos/Costa Ricans. I feel that this a beautiful way to live.

To a large extent we live this way here in America. I am definitely proud to be a part of this country and have benefited from opportunities that arise as a result of bieng a part of this nation. I believe it is our history of violence, prejudice and abuse that has polarized us.

This thread started with white flight and someone mentioned class flight which I believe has now become a driving force. I moved Downtown Jersey City and my nieghbors are also hispanic. I didnt leave because of any racism toward my own people but I saw an area That seemed to be a great investment opportunity.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:54 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Gee, Bob Kovacs what's that all about? The Black Canadian man didn't want to be associated with the Blacks from New Jersey.
I dunno what it was about- for some reason he didn't want to be mistaken as being a "New Jersey black guy"- I never pushed him for a reason, as it wasn't my place to.

Bob

Old 02-24-2007, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 12,083 times
Default Truth hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenphases View Post
No you most definitely are a racist and the typical sort that is willing to deride an entire culture and try to make it ok with one positive sentence that follows twenty racist comments. I could make a long list of negative attributes attributed to whites but I choose not to because it is not in my nature as it is in yours.

I am pretty sure your kids will be ok if they do not follow your example.
So tell me something that I said that isn't true?

Old 02-24-2007, 09:34 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
Default Thought this thread was dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Rowan View Post
Why this thread again Tom? Are you bored this evening?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 AM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Rowan View Post
Everything you said isn't true. Unless your statements account for 100% of the people your talking about, then it's a farce. Look up the term "fact" in the dictionary. I just put my kids to bed and I still am subject to infantile behavior. If your a racist, just admit it, don't be cowardly and run around the truth of yourself. I remember in one of my psychology classes in college, the instructor said that all (100%) racists have low self-esteem.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:05 AM

You forgot, since your talking about ALL of "Them"...

I went to Iraq to fight and die so my fellow americans can hate me....
True or False?

Some people think it's a game to play around and **** with someones esence/heritage etc. but if it's them who are on the receiving end. whoaaa. ****ing whiners, actually take time out of their Loser lives to state the "obvious". I'm white, yeah, but white men disproportionately molest and rape and abduct young children and in many cases brutally murder them. Bald white men go to Laos to find 10 year old boys they can perform all their sick lewd sexual acts on. All this is a fact. But what you racists should realize, none of it is stamped on white men like a nazi tatoo. Why? because the information is controlled by white men. So, why the hell should white men do this to minorities who pose absolutely NO threat to them. Find something else to do for gods sake, get a life....

Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times
No question about it... I "feel" much better now that the PC police have stepped in and cleaned up this thread.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:49 AM

11 posts, read 12,083 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Everything you said isn't true. Unless your statements account for 100% of the people your talking about, then it's a farce. Look up the term "fact" in the dictionary. I just put my kids to bed and I still am subject to infantile behavior. If your a racist, just admit it, don't be cowardly and run around the truth of yourself. I remember in one of my psychology classes in college, the instructor said that all (100%) racists have low self-esteem.

Say it isn't so~!

http://www.psfights.com/videoasx.php?url=./data/media/1/022707_rap_battle_turns_into_a_brawl.wmv&7218= (broken link)

Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 PM

^^^ Stop complaining, Unless it was a black man who stole your wife, then maybe I would understantd Cheer up, I heard the KKK is experiencing high recruitment and enrollment. Do those guys where anything under those robes???? Ahh nothing there anyways. Don't worry, I really could care less if you want to use the N word till your blue in the face. Good luck.....

Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 PM

37 posts, read 173,678 times
Default Hell yea!!!!

I live in Clifton - the newspaper came out last week that showed only 20-25% of pepole in different schools that (actually) speak English as a first language in their house.................how nice!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey