Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 PM

29 posts, read 124,380 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of buying a home at K Hovnanian's Freedom Hill development in Barnegat.

We're considering buying one of their homes that is already built, that they are offering a quick move-in special on.

Anything we should know about that area, the builder, development, etc.?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,631 times
We moved into our home at Freedom Hills about 8 months ago and have been very happy with everything. Any problems we've had with our home or with KHov have been minor and generally resolved quickly.

The neighborhood is great as well as most of the people we've met there.

Which home were you looking at?

-AB

Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 AM

29 posts, read 124,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionB View Post
We moved into our home at Freedom Hills about 8 months ago and have been very happy with everything. Any problems we've had with our home or with KHov have been minor and generally resolved quickly.

The neighborhood is great as well as most of the people we've met there.

Which home were you looking at?

-AB
That's so awesome to hear! There are a couple of "quick move-in" homes available (homes that are completed & ready to move into) that we're looking into. One is the Roosevelt model (I believe it's on Flintrock) & one is a Kennedy model (if I remember correctly, it's on Freedom Hills).

Do you mind me asking which model home you have? Also, did you use a realtor when purchasing the home?

Old 06-22-2008, 05:22 PM

34 posts, read 189,640 times
Freedom Hills is alright, the homes aren't very unique but are big and nice, the neighborhood is nice and lots of hills.

Although its connected to Settlers Landing, which isnt so nice in some areas, it's an older development and theres some drugs there, but Freedom Hills is off to the side and there are a few other newer Ryan Homes developments around the corner, so thats probably one of the better areas. Theres also a Domino's and a convenience store around the corner.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM

33 posts, read 122,182 times
Hi ,

We are thinking about Freedom Hills too.
So where is this "Settlers Landing" bad area that everybody talk about ?
When you drive on Freedom Hills, is it on the left or right ?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:06 AM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
It would be to the right, north. Freedom Hills is connected to Settlers by a couple of streets labeled on the map as Deck and Cove.

Sorry, I don't know anything about good or bad sections.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Ok, looks like we're going to sign anyway.
I hope its not a bad move, since I work in the city..

Last edited by saint42; 12-12-2009 at 10:54 AM..

Old 12-12-2009, 05:01 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Wow. Keep a sleeping bag in your trunk and one at the office. That is one long commute.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM

72 posts, read 309,114 times
I live in Freedom Hills and love it! We've been here for just over two years and I honestly can't say enough good things about the neighborhood. Settler's Landing is just a stone's throw away but Freedom Hills is it's own development and we've had no problems. It's a quiet street, lots of young families and small children. I think you'll like it - good luck!

Old 12-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Yay !
We signed tonight !
Screw the commute. I currently live in Red Bank, NJ, and for a 2 BR new condo, they want $850K.
Ridiculous. I mean, I know it's Red Bank.. But for less than half the price, I have twice the size.

I'll see you at Freedom hills ! Moving in soon !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey