Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
LOL..it's not that bad : ) I rarely need to put on a coat in the winter...sweatshirts do just fine. Nor do I wear boots. Most of us only go from the warm house to the warm car then into our warm offices or shopping centers...you just need to learn to run faster : )
LOL I think my love for the snow ended when my brother went away for college and it became my "job" to scrape the ice off the windshield and start the car for my mom. It's funny but when he was there I was jealous cause I didn't get to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
OH gosh, If you want warm feet you will need nice solid shoes. No open toes.......Flip-flops you could only wear year round in places like Florida or Arizona.......Yes, get a coat.......a nice warm winter coat.........or you will freeze to death. Mom is right! Listen to your Mom......... You need some sort of boots if you are the shoveler of the snow. I just use low ones, with nice warm insides.........
I did a ton of shoveling in NJ and PA........last year here in PA it was ICE we had to deal with........I'd rather have snow.
Yep, I live in Florida and I think I'm 100% warm blooded. I get cold if a cloud covers the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 PM

195 posts, read 648,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
The snow hangs around longer in places like Sweden because the temperatures are much lower. In NJ, it's not unusual for the daytime temps to get into the 40's all winter, so the snow doesn't stay around. When it stays in the teens for weeks on end in the Nordic countries, the snow doesn't have a chance to melt.

WRT the "average" snowfall in NJ, it varies greatly. I remember years when we had what seemed like one storm after another, some of which dumped 18"+ of snow, and other years when there was barely a flurry all winter.
Who said the winters are cold in the whole country of Sweden?
During the winter; upp in North, it´s cold with temperatures into the teens. In Central Sweden, the temperatures is 20s, in southern area, temperatures are around 28 - 34 F, so it´s not that cold.
To compare, Southern Sweden has same temperatures in the winter as Central and Southern NJ

Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
Who said the winters are cold in the whole country of Sweden?
During the winter; upp in North, it´s cold with temperatures into the teens. In Central Sweden, the temperatures is 20s, in southern area, temperatures are around 28 - 34 F, so it´s not that cold.
To compare, Southern Sweden has same temperatures in the winter as Central and Southern NJ
No, it's not "that cold" but it's cold enough that the snow hangs around a little longer than in central NJ, where it can get up into the high 30's/low 40's, causing the snow to melt faster. Or, even better yet, it'll warm up enough that it'll rain, and then the snow will melt fast enough to cause basements to flood, sewers to back up, etc., or it'll rain and then freeze overnight, turning everything into an ice rink. Fun stuff

Old 07-01-2008, 06:02 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
It's all Al Gore's fault.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:56 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
I moved here in February and after spending 10 months of the year in flippies, it was hard to have snow boots on. Tres strange!

Shanny
Just a matter of getting the right boots/shoes.

I bought comfort mocs (with fleece inside ) off LL Bean, for when I was up there in Feb.

They are really comfy, warm, and I stayed outside much longer, because my feet were warm. (now I wish I could wear them down here, without over heating or being told I'm a nut [which everyone knows already, anyway...])
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: