Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:54 PM

17 posts, read 99,527 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm interested in learning more about Tinton Falls...my family's considering moving to the area in the near future.

If anyone has knowledge of Tinton Falls I would love to know:
How are the elementary schools? high schools?
Are there areas that are more family friendly?
If you live/lived there, would you recommend buying a house there?

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 AM

49 posts, read 196,914 times
I lived for approx. 30 years in Eatontown, which is next to Tinton Falls. The school system is above average for the area. The elementary is the Mahalia Attichson Elmentary School. The High School is Monmouth Regional. It is a very family friendly area. Very small town suburbia. House prices as you could possibly guess are totally off the charts!

Old 01-16-2007, 04:52 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
I used to work there, just a few years ago. Nothing wrong with Tinton Falls, overall peaceful, typical NJ suburbia.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:28 PM

12 posts, read 62,518 times
NJ is composed of many small communities near Tinton Falls, some have better schools than others. Alot of families here are working currently for the government at Fort Monmouth. I am a realtor in the area and have friends that moved there they like it, but they have very high taxes in relation to some of the other local towns.

Here is a link

http://www.state.nj.us/njded/data/collections/rc/ (broken link)

Good luck

Old 01-23-2007, 12:33 PM

69 posts, read 149,756 times
It's not typical suburbia. I grew up in Hasbrouck Heights, a suburb of New York. Tinton Falls is NOT Hasbrouck Heights.

Tinton Falls is a converted horse farm, with grand developments. It's "nice" but isolated and Stepford Wifey.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM

17 posts, read 99,527 times
Quote:
Stepford Wifey
LOL My husband and I refer to my sister in law's development as Stepford

Thank you all for the feedback-I appreciate it.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 PM

53 posts, read 202,839 times
I must be in left field, what do you mean about Stepford Wifey

Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonhawk View Post
I must be in left field, what do you mean about Stepford Wifey
I honestly don't really know much about Tinton Falls specifically, aside from the fact that that is where you get the Parkway from Rt 18. It's near Shrewsbury and Eatontown and that surrounding area.

That entire area is very Stepford Wifey indeed - bland, soulless, McMansion-laid suburbia built on former farmland with lots of new money scum out of NYC - but not so much in places like Eatontown or Shrewsbury, but more in places a bit further west like Colts Neck, Marlboro and Manalapan to name just a few, the absolute last places in the state I would choose to live.

I really cannot say what the people in TF are like specifically though.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM

181 posts, read 1,121,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseamorning15 View Post
Hi all,
I'm interested in learning more about Tinton Falls...my family's considering moving to the area in the near future.

If anyone has knowledge of Tinton Falls I would love to know:
How are the elementary schools? high schools?
Are there areas that are more family friendly?
If you live/lived there, would you recommend buying a house there?

Thank you so much!
Just be alert in the area around route 33(southern part) there is a landfill which on certain days you can smell it at Wal-Mart just east of Tinton Falls depending on wind and other weather conditions.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,582,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephPorterPitt View Post
It's not typical suburbia. I grew up in Hasbrouck Heights, a suburb of New York. Tinton Falls is NOT Hasbrouck Heights.

Tinton Falls is a converted horse farm, with grand developments. It's "nice" but isolated and Stepford Wifey.
All in all, Tinton Falls would be a lot more typical suburbia than Hasbrouck Heights. Also you are comparing 2 different parts of NJ, different densities, etc.
From one side of Tinton Falls you have that big Navy ammo depot which stretches many miles almost to Freehold. Nothing like that up North except possibly Picattiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey