Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:41 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

First of all it literally stinks. Half the time there is a "low tide" smell that permeates the air! Gross!!
Then we have the rednecks..............what a different breed...
The pay is AWFUL all across Southern Jersey..
BUGS,BUGS AND MORE BUGS!
Green flies are soo bad here,mosquitos,flies,wasps, bees,yellow jackets..ants.........................
Cannot wait to move out of here.. Weve only been here 7 months and I loathe it!
Anyone else live in the area or heard of it and have horror stories? LOL>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
First of all it literally stinks. Half the time there is a "low tide" smell that permeates the air! Gross!!
Then we have the rednecks..............what a different breed...
The pay is AWFUL all across Southern Jersey..
BUGS,BUGS AND MORE BUGS!
Green flies are soo bad here,mosquitos,flies,wasps, bees,yellow jackets..ants.........................
Cannot wait to move out of here.. Weve only been here 7 months and I loathe it!
Anyone else live in the area or heard of it and have horror stories? LOL>
Come North my southern friend : ) The only smell out here that stinks is "cow poop".. and it's only in the beginning of spring right before they start their planting season : )) No rednecks either..just working class folks. Dump the smelly Rotten Egg Harbor and join the rest of us "normal" people in NW Jersey : )

Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM

9 posts, read 49,989 times
wileynj... let me remind you of our cogeneration plant at exit 13 on the turnpike. It is the reason why we're called the "armpit" of america. Once you get past that, it's better

Old 07-03-2008, 09:35 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidchrome View Post
wileynj... let me remind you of our cogeneration plant at exit 13 on the turnpike. It is the reason why we're called the "armpit" of america. Once you get past that, it's better
wiley doesn't live anywhere near that - she did say NW NJ

Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
wiley doesn't live anywhere near that - she did say NW NJ
Thanks T : ) But I did neglect to mention that horrible factory in Hackettstown..that smell every holiday of peanuts roasting...chocolate smeltering..lol - Yes, you guest it! M&M's : )))

Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Come North my southern friend : ) The only smell out here that stinks is "cow poop".. and it's only in the beginning of spring right before they start their planting season : )) No rednecks either..just working class folks. Dump the smelly Rotten Egg Harbor and join the rest of us "normal" people in NW Jersey : )

I WOULD love to lol.........Get me out of here!LOL........We want to eventually move but probably will try Howell and beyond............
I am clicking my heels right now LOL!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:38 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
I truly believe that humans just weren't meant to inhabit that part of the earth.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I truly believe that humans just weren't meant to inhabit that part of the earth.

LMAO! My sentiments exactly at this point!!!!!!! UGH!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:19 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
red necks Ummm, interesting, I thought LEH was for retirement old bag types?? Red Necks ! I agree I would rather be with total snobs than red necks! I really dislike rednecks. That stupid hillybillie mentality! Bad light beer and nascar!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

LMAO! My sentiments exactly at this point!!!!!!! UGH!
Come on now..it can't be that bad? By the way, Is this a photo of you in Little Egg Harbor?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey