Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 06:11 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMOM View Post
To add to my previous post, I am really looking for that small town feel. Thanks for your info so far. I was watching the news last night and they were having a 4th of July celebration in Red Bank that looked like it was that old fashion type of celebration. I'm looking for a town with some history etc... Old homes that have, of couse been updated but still have the old world charm.
How far from SI do you want to be?? That will also factor in to your choices. If you already answered this, sorry I asked a redundant question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 07:28 AM

98 posts, read 268,947 times
Default Oh yesss...

I'd go for Manalaapan/Englishtown?Morganville area, too. Just remember these few tips, since you're a Staten Islander:

1) Make sure you have your huge Escalade/Navigator with you when you move here. If you drive anything else, you're not from Staten Eyewand.

2) Practice your kvetching (complaining). God forbid you have to wait in line at the grocery store.

3) If your husband works in the landscaping/construction business, that's a plus.

4) Make sure you research the nail salons and hair salons before you get here. All of their clientele are from the *ahem* South Shore of Staten Iwand.

5) Souped up cell phone? GPS system so you know in which direction to drive out of your driveway? Your husband's credit card that's reached it's limit? Idiot driving skills?

You're set, hon!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler77 View Post
I'd go for Manalaapan/Englishtown?Morganville area, too. Just remember these few tips, since you're a Staten Islander:

1) Make sure you have your huge Escalade/Navigator with you when you move here. If you drive anything else, you're not from Staten Eyewand.

2) Practice your kvetching (complaining). God forbid you have to wait in line at the grocery store.

3) If your husband works in the landscaping/construction business, that's a plus.

4) Make sure you research the nail salons and hair salons before you get here. All of their clientele are from the *ahem* South Shore of Staten Iwand.

5) Souped up cell phone? GPS system so you know in which direction to drive out of your driveway? Your husband's credit card that's reached it's limit? Idiot driving skills?

You're set, hon!
LOL, You decribed it perfectly! There they complain on line at the store, here a line is an excuse to have a conversation with a stranger.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:07 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
LOL, You decribed it perfectly! There they complain on line at the store, here a line is an excuse to have a conversation with a stranger.
Not when there are 10 out of 12 lanes that aren't open. Total reason for complaining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey