Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:52 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
you can't give an objective opinion:

"Monmouth County sucks and is full of materialistic yuppied snobs"....."oh except Eatontown, YET"

"Middlesex County is great, you should always live here before Monmouth"...."oh, except East Brunswick, it's snobby and snotty"

"Somerset County is in the middle of nowhere and isn't packed densily enough"....."Honestly I'm not all that familiar with the area"

Your posts are full of superlatives - either a place is heaven on earth or it's hell (at a county level, and everyone knows each county has postives and negatives). A place has everything or "I cannot imagine why someone would ever live there". I don't know how old you are, but you come across as young and someone who doesn't understand what families could be looking for.

Take this for what it's worth.
This thread is about counties in general.

I'm 25. And I know what I will be looking for for my family. And I learned from my experiences as a kid how unhealthy it is to grow up in a plastic environment. Take that for what it is worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I am torn between Hunterdon and Monmouth for best county.
Middlesex is the taint of NJ counties.
How is Middlesex a taint of NJ counties? You want a taint of central-to-northern NJ counties take a look at Somerset. That's a taint IMO, is there even anything at all to do there? At all? And it is very expensive there for no good reasons, UNLIKE Monmouth.

Saying Middlesex is a taint of NJ counties makes me think you never heard of New Brunswick, Rutgers University, Johnson & Johnson and all the successful business in the area.

Hunterdon has some nice quaint areas though I will give you that. Lambertville serves as an extension of New Hope. And Stockton to a similar degree even though it does not directly border it.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
I have homes in Hudson and Monmouth counties, love them both. I think every county has something to offer.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I have homes in Hudson and Monmouth counties, love them both. I think every county has something to offer.
OK I would say that definitely. Moreover, I think beauty can be found in the most unusual places. I like this video to show that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kojxgL3nf0Y

Old 10-23-2010, 01:47 AM

327 posts, read 881,921 times
NORTHEAST Bergen County. 10 minutes into the city, 10 minutes to Route 17/4 shops, but far enough where you can enjoy privacy due to lot size/building restrictions compared to the rest of BC.

Con is that small homes start at $1mm. I find you can get a lot more house in any other county in the state.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:28 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes , you must be a millionaire.......aren't the double taxes killing u?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:16 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Nexis many people with husband and spouse working both working have a shore or mountain house. I did for about 15 years.And no you don't have to be a millionaire to swing that as long as u work hard and control your finances.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post

LOL, I wish. Bought my shore home many years ago, great price. I was lucky.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM

12 posts, read 28,823 times
Default Best county

Hunterdon county for sure.....hands down!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
I can't see myself living anywhere in NJ outside of Bergen, Hudson, Essex or Passaic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey