Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:37 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times

Advertisements

I saw a big ferry station at the end of 42nd, I wonder where in NJ they go to and how often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 11:53 PM

43 posts, read 259,331 times
very simple, on 8th avenue in front of the NYTimes building stops the passaic/paterson/clifton buses by way of Union City, on the north side of 42 bet 8 and 9 are the buses going to boulevard east, and on the other side are the ny avenue/bergenline buses...you don't like them? tough sh*t..how else can someone get back from NYC at 5am or get to class or work on time when you've missed the NJ transit bus? gimme a break...

Last edited by gabrielo; 12-30-2008 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: changed my mind

Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 AM

3 posts, read 6,711 times
Well I just moved to Paterson, NJ from the Bronx. How can I cut the travel expenses down? It is costing me at least $16 a day to traval when I am used to $4.50 a day. Someboby told me about the jitneys at 42nd St. and at the GWB Terminal. If anyone knows if they have a bus that goes to Paterson and the cost of it, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. AND Maimi305KID is a jerk. Please don't go around making those kinds of comments; you sound like a jack***!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Thumbs up You were so HELPFUL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielo View Post
very simple, on 8th avenue in front of the NYTimes building stops the passaic/paterson/clifton buses by way of Union City, on the north side of 42 bet 8 and 9 are the buses going to boulevard east, and on the other side are the ny avenue/bergenline buses...you don't like them? tough sh*t..how else can someone get back from NYC at 5am or get to class or work on time when you've missed the NJ transit bus? gimme a break...
You're the best. Let's just hope things haven't changed much in them
past 2 yrs.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:36 PM

381 posts, read 1,309,488 times
I'm almost sure I've seen Paterson on the front of those gypsy vans (which we ride all the time) but I don't know anything else. Suggest you start a new thread to get attention.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Thanks... Got it all figured out now. But its good to know that complete strangers keep you well informed. Thanks again. But I do have one complaint regarding these modes of transportation; why is the music so loud in these vehicles? Gosh, turn that music down...

Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

17 posts, read 51,178 times
Default latino gypsy vans between hudson county and manhattan

This was very helpful. Could you tell me if the vans stop right in front of the journal square station? If I take the path I end up walking up kennedy blvd about 5 long blocks to the bus station there. Someone told me they don't stop in front of JS station... Do you know if I can get the bus there and take up to 10th street & kennedy?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:50 AM

17 posts, read 51,178 times
Default latino gypsy vans betw hudson county & manhattan

I hope you can help me... I am trying to figure out how to travel back to 10th & JFK blvd tonight after 2 or 3am... (union city)
I would like to get one of the buses from 42nd & 8th avenue... Do you know if there are any buses that go down kennedy blvd late over there?
thanks so much

Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM

1,967 posts, read 1,307,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
why would you ever want to go inside a van of full of stangers that could be sex offenders or murders for all you know? This is the stupidest idea ever.
Miami305Kid, I’ll be 76 this year and I’ve had considerable time to consider my experiences with other people.

I‘ve concluded thus far that the proportional mixes differ, but I‘m likely to encounter decency or evil among convicted criminals, the clergy, cops or bankers. It doesn’t surprise me to learn of highly regarded lawyers or doctors that are additionally idiot savants.

I have not been to Florida as often as I would have desired. The few times I was there, I found people to be almost as intelligent, decent and immodest as myself. It’s unreasonable to expect better that that of any large population segment.

I hope that we in the NY/NJ area do not have more than our full share of fools but I ask that you not feel the need to increase our numbers. If you’ll stay away from us, I’ll refrain from mentioning the year 2000 and Florida elections.

Respectfully, Supposn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey