Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM

6 posts, read 22,599 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have recently moved to NJ and we are living in the area near Port Imperial (Weehawken). We are looking for some fun activities to do in the weekend in this area and would be grateful if someone could give us some recommendations on the following:
1. parks, nature trails, biking trails : within 20-30 minutes driving distance of Port Imperial. We've been to Braddock Hudson park but were looking
for something larger, a state park perhaps?
2. place to kayak/canoe : within 20-30 minutes driving distance of Port Imperial
3. Fitness center: within 10-15 minutes of Port Imperial, Is there any other fitness center with all facilities (gym, racquetball courts, swimming pool etc) in the area? I know that there is a YMCA in Hoboken. Would appreciate if someone could post some comments on how they found it. We wouldn't want to take up a membership without knowing if it is good or not. Besides, is anyone aware of a good indoor swim club/aquatic center in this area?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 PM

6 posts, read 22,599 times
anyone have any recommendations on this? Basically I am looking for any fitness centers in west new york area (apart from YMCA in Hoboken which seems a bit expensive). And the closest parks in this area ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey