Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:53 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtaxgirl View Post
I live in Westampton, NJ (near Mt Holly - Burlington County seat) I hear 2 birds for the last month
They start around 9PM and continue back and forth for hours. They have an eerie sound. One does sort of squalk the other has a slightly higher pitch and a slightly different return sound. If I didn't know better, I would think I was listening to a horror movie. I live in a development; but, some of the old tall woods trees remain between the back yards. They are in the trees but not next to each other.
In Westampton; it may be toads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 07:38 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
I didn't see where you live, but I had a similar circumstance in Michigan several years ago, in May, and learned from my hosts that it was tree frogs. This seems a little late in the year for them, but with the unseasonal warm weather we've had across the country, I think it might be possible.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:38 AM

912 posts, read 2,445,683 times
The migrating birds have been keeping me up all week! One night I turned the A/C on just so I could close the windows!

Around here it's mostly a variety of geese (including the much-maligned Canada Goose) heading south for the winter. We also have a number of night herons living in the general area who are active during the nighttime hours (hence their name).

Has anyone else noticed a million Monarch butterflies out this week? They are absolutely all over this area. Everyone here is talking about them - they're in all the flowers, by the front door, even all in the sky when you're driving down the road. They, too, are getting ready to migrate southward, except they can actually go as far as Mexico or Central America. Amazing that a tiny butterfly can get that far!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:50 AM

429 posts, read 931,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
past two nights have had these strange two birds make the weirds noises all night long. I can not describe the sound its not a happy little chirp, its no where near harmony. ITs a weird sound, I know its birds just what kind would stay up all night and in the morning sleep!! I live in the highlands, so anyones guess??? SOund is like a squawk and they go back and forth to each other from different trees.
Could be either rats or chupacabras.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:57 AM

614 posts, read 1,375,487 times
I hate when birds chirp all night long I know it's ok in the morning but at 1-3 AM?! Come on aleady, one night I came home late like 2am and the birds in the tree next door where chirping loudly!! So ehh whatever I tried to go to sleep but everytime I came close to falling asleep they started again!!! A few times of that and I went outside kicked the tree and walked back in, PROBLEM solved!

Old 05-08-2011, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,084 times
I'm having this problem and I live in the city of Phila. This is the 2nd night and it ll last all summer it's been 3 yrs straight, I hate this bird. I love animals but I would shoot him. I lost many nights of sleep because of this bird I feel like I been cursed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey