Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 12,949 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Wayne. Several times a week, I will be carpooling with my work associate that lives in Montville to travel to Rutgers University in Piscataway. I will be traveling from Wayne on I-80 W to I-287 S. He will be traveling from Montville on I-287 S. Here's my question: what exit should we take to meet at (near) the intersection of I-287 S & I-80 W? What exit should I take off I-80 W and what exit should he take off I-287 S to meet? Where should we meet? Where is there a place to leave one car during the day (mall, business location, restaurant, etc.)? I really appreciate any suggestions since we are both new to the area. Thanks so much!

Last edited by fastball; 07-16-2008 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: error in route
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
There is a Park and Ride on Waterview Rd in Parsippany, just off Rt 46 West. The location is slightly west of Rt 287 and slightly north of Rt 80. You want your associate, traveling on 287 South, to get off exit 42. This ramp will take you to a traffic light. Instead of making a turn here (as most do) go straight through the traffic signal. This is Waterview Blvd and the park and ride is slightly beyond this interchange. For you, you want to use the local lanes on Rt 80 headed west from Wayne. Take Local Rt 80 west till you see signs for Rt 287 South, which is exit 43A. From there, while on the ramp, follow the signs for Rt 46 instead of Rt 287. Once on the ramp, follow signs for Rt 46, and make a right off the ramp (don't stay straight, bear right) This will get you onto Littleton Rd, but you only be on it for a few hundred yards before it ends. Make sure you immediately get in the left hand lane, for it is left turn only. Make a left onto Smith Rd and make sure you proceed straight this time (not right) and you will be able to access Rt 46 West at this point, crossing the highway in effect. Now on Rt 46 West, you will go under Rt 287, and pass through an intersection shortly thereafter for Parsippany Blvd. Proceed straight another 1/4 mile for the Waterview Blvd interchange. There will be signs for the Park and Ride here, as you will do a jughandle after the traffic light to get on Waterview Blvd south. To get back on 287 South, just backtrack up Waterview Blvd to Rt 287 South ramp.

If this all sounds daunting, it really isn't. I was just probably very overdescriptive.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 12,949 times
THANK YOU SO MUCH! We would have never been able to figure that out!

Old 07-16-2008, 03:59 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,921 times
Talking Home Run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
There is a Park and Ride on Waterview Rd in Parsippany, just off Rt 46 West. The location is slightly west of Rt 287 and slightly north of Rt 80. ... If this all sounds daunting, it really isn't. I was just probably very overdescriptive.
Actually, Mike... for giving directions to a guy going by the name "Fastball," I'd say you hit a home run! Nice post. I plussed you!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
WOW !!! Now that is a killer nightmare of a drive. I guess at least you are going in the opposite direction on 287 from the rest of the traffic though.

That has to be an hour and a half and maybe a tad more at rush hour.

Mike above had a good plan. I just feel for you having to drive that ferocious ride and just wanted to say that.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: