Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 PM

20 posts, read 179,812 times

Advertisements

time to close down the pool folks =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 06:32 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrz View Post
It's more the A/C than the pool... plus the extra charge JCP&L adds in this time of the year. Pool running without A/C on...under $200.00/month.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
All you guys need to move to Florida....was a Jersey girl my whole life, until 3 years ago. Moved here with fiance....his property taxes in Caldwell, NJ were 9500.00 a year, here 2,000. Monthly electric bill from May to Oct. here is about 170.00. That is with A/C on just about 24/7 from end of May till Oct. Water bill is 35 a month and that is with underground sprinkler going off twice a week. Bought the energy efficient Duet front load washer and dryer by
Whirlpool. From Oct. to May no AC....just open the windows. We live in Northern Florida. Jobwise the pay rate is alot lower but it is still a better life. I miss my friends and family in New Jersey, but could never afford the NJ $$$ living. Plus I hate those dreary long, grey, cold winters that seem to go on forever...(and so did my dogs). So while you guys are huddling by the heater, we are walking on the beach in shorts. Try it you'll like it! Plus the home prices down here are a steal right now...homes that were listed at 750,000 are now asking 450.00. Depending where you go you can get a beautiful 2000 SF home with a nice piece of property for 200,000 with a pool!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
All you guys need to move to Florida....was a Jersey girl my whole life, until 3 years ago. Moved here with fiance....his property taxes in Caldwell, NJ were 9500.00 a year, here 2,000. Monthly electric bill from May to Oct. here is about 170.00. That is with A/C on just about 24/7 from end of May till Oct. Water bill is 35 a month and that is with underground sprinkler going off twice a week. Bought the energy efficient Duet front load washer and dryer by
Whirlpool. From Oct. to May no AC....just open the windows. We live in Northern Florida. Jobwise the pay rate is alot lower but it is still a better life. I miss my friends and family in New Jersey, but could never afford the NJ $$$ living. Plus I hate those dreary long, grey, cold winters that seem to go on forever...(and so did my dogs). So while you guys are huddling by the heater, we are walking on the beach in shorts. Try it you'll like it! Plus the home prices down here are a steal right now...homes that were listed at 750,000 are now asking 450.00. Depending where you go you can get a beautiful 2000 SF home with a nice piece of property for 200,000 with a pool!
Thanks but no thanks...too flat for me. I love my mountains and the changing seasons. Besides..Florida is in worse shape than Jersey at the moment. And way too many old farts behind the wheel

Old 07-29-2008, 07:16 AM

342 posts, read 1,793,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrz View Post
No pool here. Just trying to stay comfortable during summer. Is that a lot to ask? According to JCP&L....yes!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Thanks but no thanks...too flat for me. I love my mountains and the changing seasons. Besides..Florida is in worse shape than Jersey at the moment. And way too many old farts behind the wheel
It is not flat here! This is the only part of Florida with hills, my son told me and I did not believe him until we came down......you can buy a house in a very hilly area here. If you choose to live on the golf course here, you would not believe the rolling hills! Absolutely gorgeous! There are also 152 lakes in this town! Park and drop a boat anywhere....no permits needed! You can also fish in them....no permits needed!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Three seasons here....Spring, Summer and Fall! NO WINTER! Well once in a while some nights will go to 40 degrees. Depends how cold Jersey gets because the Jersey weather does affet us down here! No old farts here...all young area. Twenty minutes to gorgeous beach and 40 minutes to Daytona if you want to drive on the beach!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Three seasons here....Spring, Summer and Fall! NO WINTER! Well once in a while some nights will go to 40 degrees. Depends how cold Jersey gets because the Jersey weather does affet us down here! No old farts here...all young area. Twenty minutes to gorgeous beach and 40 minutes to Daytona if you want to drive on the beach!
I'm with Wiley..and as far as Fall..hmm I've been in FL during the Fall and don't remember seeing the trees turn vibrant shades of yellow, orange and red

To each his own if you like FL then good for you...enjoy enjoy enjoy
It's not for me ....more the a few days and I want out of there

Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM

Interesting...I may just have to invest in some solar panels! Not only will you save but you'll get used electrical energy back!

MySpaceTV Videos: Electric Meter Spinning backwards by SOLAR TECHNOLOGIES OF AMERICA

Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 AM

144 posts, read 449,395 times
Too bad the incentive is not that great for alternative energy source. My JCP&L bill was close to $400, at least the gas bill is low until winter time. You can't win and just keep paying the energy companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey