Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times

Advertisements

THE MAMMO DID NOT HURT ME AT ALL!!! Its all this other stuff keep going back!! It plays on your fears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
THE MAMMO DID NOT HURT ME AT ALL!!! Its all this other stuff keep going back!! It plays on your fears.
m - please let us know how it goes. keeping fingers crossed it's a benign cyst(s) and/or just dense tissue - my sister in law went through the same thing as you I believe, and I can imagine how frightening it is.

i go to the place on Madison Ave in M'town, where they have digital mammography, is that where you went (not sure if it's the same place).

i had a similar situation with my latest eye exam (well, my first actually). I had suspected glaucoma (HELLO! I'm WAY too young for that), so come back in 4 months to see if no change, but you have to make 2 appointments - one for tests, one for the dr. visit. I'm like "Why can't I do the tests and see the dr. right after that?" - the results come back right away! They said it's an insurance thing, they won't pay unless it's 2 visits. Maybe that's partially what's happening to you.

Prayers for healthy boobs!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
Quote:
its kind that you answered this I thought you were a guy ohh it does not matter but thanks!
oops - women only?? Sry

Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
m - please let us know how it goes. keeping fingers crossed it's a benign cyst(s) and/or just dense tissue - my sister in law went through the same thing as you I believe, and I can imagine how frightening it is.

i go to the place on Madison Ave in M'town, where they have digital mammography, is that where you went (not sure if it's the same place).

i had a similar situation with my latest eye exam (well, my first actually). I had suspected glaucoma (HELLO! I'm WAY too young for that), so come back in 4 months to see if no change, but you have to make 2 appointments - one for tests, one for the dr. visit. I'm like "Why can't I do the tests and see the dr. right after that?" - the results come back right away! They said it's an insurance thing, they won't pay unless it's 2 visits. Maybe that's partially what's happening to you.

Prayers for healthy boobs!
yes thats the place, I will let you all know tommorrow! I will get some kind of answer! Thanks all, my mental breakdown is back on track now, I ate myself into a carb coma, and somehow my cat little polly with 6 fingers, I call them oven mits (decendent from Hemingway's Cats ) just cheered me up.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
oops - women only?? Sry
its not a women only we can discuss prostate cancer would you like that?? Im kidding, at least I can laugh, I will take anyone I just did not think men would be interested in mammo tests.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,280 times
Quote:
its not a women only we can discuss prostate cancer would you like that?? Im kidding, at least I can laugh, I will take anyone I just did not think men would be interested in mammo tests.

Are you kidding?? Men & boobs is like Peanut butter & Jelly

Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
Quote:
Boy this was an ordeal that let me just say su*ked! If I had know this was so messed up of a system, I may have SCREAMED!!!. I just went for my first mammogram and lets say this system really is screwed up.

Here is why.....

Baseline which I get they need alot of pictures so they can compare them. Ok I go to Morristown Memorial Hospital Breast Center and they take 4 pictures. Now they tell me your probably going to have to come back for more!

Well why not do it NOW, I am here why do I have to come back. First messed up thing. Ohh she said to get more magnified pictures and maybe an Ultrasound. This is messed up too why an US, did you see anything, no just routine!! Ok NOW I go home and panic. ANother great thing the system set you up to do!

Ok get called to come back for more pictures, so a week later I go and get more pictures, then they tell me I need an US, dense breast and can see something on the right breast, but DONT WORRY! Yeah right, come on , a baseline now has turned into complete panic. OK go for the US, and of course the tech says to me dont worry but we need to get the radiologist in here. Now this makes no sense and I exploded. WHat the hell dont worry well if I did not need to worry , why do I need the radiologist , you would just send me home, so I yell at this poor tech GET THE GODDAMN Doctor here NOW!!!I mean I am tired of being told DONT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!
The doctor looks at me like I am crazy and says you have something on the right breast dont worry at 1200 oclock. So I say what do you think she was good says probably a cyst but cant rule out 100 percent so go for an MRI!

Great more waiting and panicking this is so much fun, first time too!!!! So I go to my Doctor primary to get the real deal because they wont give me the actually written report, and I would like that so I can look it up on the internet and find out that I have a few months to live and get myself even sicker right!!! Get the report it says CYST BRIADS #2 this is a very low score meaning its nothing basically.

So I go to get the MRI anyway to have them milk me and my breast more and probably will be nothing. I know what your saying better safe than sorry and you go good care because they at least took every precaution, yes they did!! But this system set you up to worry , wait and come back over and over. IT really stinks! They need to change this for women, dont they see women loose a lot of sleep over the waiting. Ok after I go back to my Prim. Care doctor I will fill you in on the MRI results. Just blowing steam

Well, yes, better to be safe than sorry - but I can totally understand what you are saying. I work in the Healthcare field and it is a MESS. There is no common sense in it either.... Hope all is just fine!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:46 AM

listen you all know I love you, and thanks I will fill you in, at least its so small, whatever it is, most things are 80 percent nothing, so we will see. My mom had breast cancer at 60's estrogen not genetic related so my chances are good until 60. Its just the going back and back and back its torture. I really think we need to speak up as women and change this somehow. I will be the voice, a nice voice but a voice! And I am going to write a letter to the insurance co. and tell them this is hell on women to sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait ! So at least someone has the balls to SPEAK UP!!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:49 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,681 times
I had my first mammo this past May. It was uncomfortable but it wasn't horrible.

GL stevem, I am sure you will be fine. :sending good mammo result vibes your way:

Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey