Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:16 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times

Advertisements

[quote=bluetobe;4516021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Welcome! Yeah, you'll be joining us in the dog days that's for sure.... where are you coming from?

So Cal - it gets hot here, but it's a dry heat. I'm about 30 miles inland - so we get the benefit of the marine layer and onshore breezes sometimes too.

People keep saying "Oh, the winters in Jersey" and I keep saying "it's not the winters that concern me, it's the humid summers I wish I could avoid."
Never been to SoCal, but always wanted to visit. I've heard wonderful things. Well, we do have things to offer... so get through the first few (sticky)months and you'll be ok! Have you ever been to MIAMI in the summer...OMG... I thought I would die. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Here is my take on it....

I don't love winter BUT

I can layer and be warm.... BUT

in summer - I can walk down the street BUCK NAKED and not only will I SCARE people I will still be HOT LOL
LOL You have a similiar take on that, that I do.

I always tell people I can handle the cold better than the heat, by stating "You can pile on all the warm clothes you need, but you can only take so much off before you're arrested." Most people chuckle .

But that's mostly what it is - just dressing warm/eating the right foods to fuel and warm the body.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 AM

56 posts, read 200,345 times
Goodness... you're all acting like it's the 7th circle of hell out there! It's not that bad... there are places that have a whole lot worse summers than us - ever been to Savannah in the middle of July??

Either way... I don't think it's been all that oppressive, not to the point where it will keep me inside anyway (Granted, where we are it tends to usually be a good 5 degrees cooler than some of the higher populated areas a little north of us).

Sure, we've had a few more 90+ days so far... but that's the price we pay for having such a cool spring - those yearly average temps always tend to average out for a reason!

Old 07-19-2008, 12:33 AM

874 posts, read 3,679,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Are we becoming our parents? <gasp> We (older folks) like to complaint, summer is too hot, winter is too cold, spring is allergies, fall is always raining but it's ok because of the colors but we hate to rake leaves. I sure miss been a kid.
Lol..you took the words right out of my mind!!

Old 07-19-2008, 06:52 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
There... I said it and I feel better. I hate this heat. HATE IT

I wish I could wake up and have it be October.
I'm a fall/spring gal myself. I can't take heat! Or worse yet..HUMIDITY! My hair has been matted to my head this week...can't be a true Jersey Girl with matted hair! I went out yesterday to stock up on my "volumizers"..shampoo with "volumizer"...mouse with "volumizer" and last but not least...hair spray with, you guest it! "Volumizer!". Hopefully I will be sporting a lovely bee hive today

Old 07-19-2008, 07:02 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:

Drink plenty of beer. COLD beer. That's the ticket.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:15 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,503 times
Talking OMG-We are our Parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Are we becoming our parents? <gasp> We (older folks) like to complaint, summer is too hot, winter is too cold, spring is allergies, fall is always raining but it's ok because of the colors but we hate to rake leaves. I sure miss been a kid.

grumble grumble dang keys are too gard dang small....and Summer is too Hot....grumble grumble....

ROTFLMAO !! Yes Yes !! We ARE becoming our Parents !!! My thoughts exactly.

*disclaimer: I'm suffering from heatstroke at 9am in NJ so Mods please give me a "pass" should this photo be a no-no hence copyrighted. I checked 1st.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Drink plenty of beer. COLD beer. That's the ticket.
LMAO my boss frowns on that. LOL

Old 07-19-2008, 11:12 AM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Quote:

It makes one wonder why people would want to live in Florida where one has the same weather from April to October.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:15 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
Ugh! Today is the worst yet, utterly oppressive! I will take winter over summer any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey