Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 12,216 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me the best are of Toms River to live in? Which is the best school district. What area is close to shopping and lower taxes? TIA

Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM

9 posts, read 42,945 times
Smile Toms river resident 15 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemia View Post
can anyone tell me the best are of toms river to live in? Which is the best school district. What area is close to shopping and lower taxes? Tia
i think all three shool districts are good but my favorite is high
school east. My children went to cedar grove elementary. My two
oldest are now in college so i think as parents we must all be
involved in there shool work and they will do fine. I live in a subdivision called quail hollow off of route 37. Houses range from 300,000 to 450,ooo.the homes in here are all different on design and custom made and there not all cookie cutters.the ocean ****y mall is five minutes from my house and stop and shop is less then ten minutes away .my house is in the area of brookside also i like squire village the homes in there are cheaper you will find a great selection of homes here especially now because of the economy. We will be sorry to leave toms river because we will be moving in two years down to southport north carolina but thank goodness thats on the coastline so i will adjust quickly
good luck to you

Old 07-21-2008, 07:29 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,592 times
Toms River is very big and everything is close to shopping (depending on what you mean by close). I live in an area called Shelter Cove. This area is mostly waterfront. That means the taxes are a little higher and you need to have flood insurance. However, it is awesome living on the water. I am 1 mile from a huge beautiful Shop Rite, an italian grocer/butcher, dry cleaners, gasoline, Blockbuster, etc. I agree that the elementary schools are pretty equal but if you want specifics Google NJ school report cards and you can compare them. Warning. I am about to put my house on the market so I've been checking out realtor sites and I find that many of them have the wrong school listed with houses so if you decide you want to be within a certain district I would find out from the Toms River BOE what streets are part of specific districts and not depend on real estate agents.

I don't recommend Toms River South. The houses are less expensive but it is a less desirable area.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
the OP hasn't been around in 15 months, so I'm closing this one as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey