Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 AM

4 posts, read 5,990 times

Advertisements

Hi

I'm posting to this forum because I would like feedback on moving. I currently live in NJ and need a warm climate do to health problems. However, I have dry eyes and did not want a climate that was to dry.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 01:45 AM

103 posts, read 327,238 times
Can't beat the humidity in Florida, can't promise you will find much work in central florida but you might find something in Orlando, Tampa, or Miami although I would not recommend Miami. I can't wait to get out of florida but if heat and humidity are your thing we got plenty of it here. I personally am heading for 2x the heat as here minus the humidity. Nevada desert here I come 20 days and counting!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 AM

526 posts, read 1,391,814 times
Try Austin TX, Dallas TX, Atlanta GA, all are warmer, I know great REALTOR's in each of those towns who can make sure you get exactly what you want.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Thank you

I would like to thank you for offering to help me with realtors. I was thinking about Sac. CA, do you know anything about the area? Is the weather very dry, a little dry, fair, good, or great ?

Old 07-24-2008, 09:43 AM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Lo View Post
I would like to thank you for offering to help me with realtors. I was thinking about Sac. CA, do you know anything about the area? Is the weather very dry, a little dry, fair, good, or great ?
Been there several times and I am not sure if the dry heat of summer's peak will be an issue for you. Nearby Napa, Calistoga, Davis are nice areas. You way want to go closer to the coast for some humidity and less heat such as Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Jenner, Pinacle Rock around there.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Lo View Post
My late mother in law moved to Southern Cal for the dry climate and she loved it. The only problem that I see though it's Fire season. That's how dry it gets.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:11 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,929 times
I live in Atlanta and I have Sjogrens syndrome (like Rheumatoid arthritis but also with dry eyes). I have no issues here with my eyes. I moved here via MA then beofre that NJ. I have no dry eys or joint pain for that matter. I struggled in the Northeast.

The climate here is warmer than NJ. The winters are pretty mild with a rare 1 inch snowstorm. Really though winter is 50 degrees most days with an occasdional 40 or even 70. The summers are hot and humid but not so different than NJ.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 PM

What cities in Atlanta have low crime and ranch style homes?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:32 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,929 times
Well it depends on your price range. I live in an area called East Cobb which is a suburb. There are definatly ranch style homes here and it is very very safe. I think for the most part you can find what you are looking for anywhere here. The best course of action if you are working is to find a place close to your job as the traffic here can be very bad.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 AM

6 posts, read 17,572 times
Costa Rico in the fall/winter get more for your money Florida in the sping summer time anywhere near the beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey