Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:02 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Steve, ofcourse I'm happy you got through the process! Its not an easy step..but you made it!! And as far as God being good..I feel faithful that the results are going to be in your favor.
thanks that means a lot to me!!! Now my eyes are watering! I can see this is gonna be a sappy emotional day. I already cried to a bad lifetime movie at 4 am!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:17 AM

874 posts, read 3,679,726 times
Steve, I really do empathize..I know what its like waiting for news in regards to your health..its like the ticking of the clock gets louder and louder. Just please be faithful, things will work out. You know that Citi is def. in your corner!!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:15 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
let me just say what a great bunch at Morristown Memorial Hospital!!! OHH lord they were great. Now the biopsy was BOTH breast, I thought b/l meant only left breast it meant bilaterial!! They took four places but a ton of the numbing agent, silly me thought one shot would numb the whole area, wrong again so it was like seven shots plus the four and two scapel marks for each lymphnode!! It sucked!! Its over, and she the doctor said no reason for concern , looks b9!! So I will have the results next week , but IT sucked. At least they let me say mother f u------ each time the hit my with the lydocaine!!
You know, I saw one of your posts a few weeks back but didn't get a chance to reply to it.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I've been going through my own cancer scare, had an abnormal pap. Be glad they gave you something to numb the area as they do not numb the cervix when they scrape that for a biopsy & I can tell you that it hurt so bad I was crying. They took 2 scrapings.

Anyway, depending on what happens, you might want to go to the Cancer Institute to make sure you get great care. The one my dad and a friend (she had BC) used was in Brunswick by Robert Wood. I can not speak highly enough about it. If I end up with a diagnosis, it's where I would go.

You can do a search online for what they think you might have, do they think it is IDC? There is a lot of info online as well as a post in health here by Roma. If you do end up malignant, you need to make sure you research where you're treated & questions to ask the doctor as well as how they will treat you.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:30 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,419 times
Default Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
now dont laugh this was an ordeal for me, just a biopsy, but I did not think it would take 7-10 needles!!! Thanks
That is why it sounded so strange to me, they only needed on needle to biopsy my lump but on the bright side, I don't think my surgeon numbed me for that at all, but it really didn't hurt.

I wish you peace during these tense days of waiting for the DX and pray for a b9 result. Breastcancer dot org is a great place for information and advice.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
That is why it sounded so strange to me, they only needed on needle to biopsy my lump but on the bright side, I don't think my surgeon numbed me for that at all, but it really didn't hurt.

I wish you peace during these tense days of waiting for the DX and pray for a b9 result. Breastcancer dot org is a great place for information and advice.
thanks, I am not really worried about the results, both dr said looks b9, but they need to rule it out 100 percent. I am dealing with it in stages, I got thru this one, and if I have too deal with next. If not, see ya in six months!! I dont have genetic breast cancer in my family, I do have estogen related in my family over 60 so I have that to look foward to.

How are you doing after the lump removed, catch it early, do you have radiation? Its a real eye opener to see so many women with all this. My head has been in the sand, I am floored by the number of women!!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,419 times
Default 1 in 8

Is the current statistic 1 in 8 or 1 in 3, I forget. I have to ask, are you a women? (your screen name) Male BC is rare but I was shocked at the number of men with it.

I had a lumpectomy, Chemo and Radiation. Stage 2 IDCS with invasion. Found the lump May 5th in surgery by May 14th of 2006. I am still on the 6 month check up plan, but things are looking good so far.

Fingers crossed and prayers said for a b9 report. Trust me, if you think a biopsy was bad, hope that you don't have to get a Lumpectomy. I swear I still suffer from PTS syndrome from the nuclear shot they give in the breast before surgery. THe technician said it would feel like a bee sting, don't worry, yeah sure............

Old 07-25-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Is the current statistic 1 in 8 or 1 in 3, I forget. I have to ask, are you a women? (your screen name) Male BC is rare but I was shocked at the number of men with it.

I had a lumpectomy, Chemo and Radiation. Stage 2 IDCS with invasion. Found the lump May 5th in surgery by May 14th of 2006. I am still on the 6 month check up plan, but things are looking good so far.

Fingers crossed and prayers said for a b9 report. Trust me, if you think a biopsy was bad, hope that you don't have to get a Lumpectomy. I swear I still suffer from PTS syndrome from the nuclear shot they give in the breast before surgery. THe technician said it would feel like a bee sting, don't worry, yeah sure............
yes I am a women, and this was my first mammogram, and then it proceeded to 5 other tests !!! You know the mri, us, then another us then the biopsy. The doctors like I said seem not too worried, and honestly I am taking it one stage or test at a time. I definately can see breast cancer in my future no matter what, my mother had estogren related and it seems to me alot of women in not the genetic which is not in my family the estrogen fed type is common after a certain age. So the best defense is mammograms, so I have already planned on getting it, I just hoped it later in life. You had exactly what my mom had a lumpectomy, glad you caught it and thanks for sharing your story. My heart goes out to all women now, I have done alot reasearch and like I wrote before was truly shocked at how many!!! If I need chemo , I am gonna hit you up!!!!! I will report back next week results good or bad. But from now on every 6 months for me I dont care if I have to pay for one of them ! Thanks again capser the friendly ghost!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:52 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Sorry that you had to go through that.........I had nbeedles there and I know the pain. Think positive and it will turn out fine!! Good luck!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You know, I saw one of your posts a few weeks back but didn't get a chance to reply to it.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I've been going through my own cancer scare, had an abnormal pap. Be glad they gave you something to numb the area as they do not numb the cervix when they scrape that for a biopsy & I can tell you that it hurt so bad I was crying. They took 2 scrapings.

Anyway, depending on what happens, you might want to go to the Cancer Institute to make sure you get great care. The one my dad and a friend (she had BC) used was in Brunswick by Robert Wood. I can not speak highly enough about it. If I end up with a diagnosis, it's where I would go.

You can do a search online for what they think you might have, do they think it is IDC? There is a lot of info online as well as a post in health here by Roma. If you do end up malignant, you need to make sure you research where you're treated & questions to ask the doctor as well as how they will treat you.

Good luck & keep us posted.
ohhh no numbing agent, god that must of hurt. Thanks, for the recommendation I am no where near that stage yet. I really think its gonna be b9 doctors both said no concern just need to be 100 percent sure, but you never know!!! Thats why I did the biopsy (biopsies) is more like it. The doctor told me many women dont even show up for that part!! That was also a mind blower, I mean how could you live knowing that there may be just one percent chance and you could have caught it early and go home and sleep! Let me say this, all this has really clued me in that we are not invincible. I am getting older and need to start going to more preventive care. I excercise , eat well, and am in good shape but I avoid doctors, so no more! Thanks for your thought I will fill you in!!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
sorry that you had to go through that.........i had nbeedles there and i know the pain. Think positive and it will turn out fine!! Good luck!
now i am in complete tears!!! Thank you mary!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: