Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 PM

23,838 posts, read 33,397,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
ohhh no numbing agent, god that must of hurt. Thanks, for the recommendation I am no where near that stage yet. I really think its gonna be b9 doctors both said no concern just need to be 100 percent sure, but you never know!!! Thats why I did the biopsy (biopsies) is more like it. The doctor told me many women dont even show up for that part!! That was also a mind blower, I mean how could you live knowing that there may be just one percent chance and you could have caught it early and go home and sleep! Let me say this, all this has really clued me in that we are not invincible. I am getting older and need to start going to more preventive care. I excercise , eat well, and am in good shape but I avoid doctors, so no more! Thanks for your thought I will fill you in!!
Imagine feeling a razor blade cutting into your cervix/uterus, that's exactly how it felt.

Since you have a history, you might want to get familiar with a good cancer center so that if the time comes, you are prepared. I can tell you that the care that my dad got was like night & day between a local hospital & Robert Wood. Had my dad stayed at RW, he may have had another month or so left

I'll tell you, when my pap came back abnormal I was in shock. I had no clue. I did ask if he thought it was cancer he said he didn't know. He never told me what was abnormal & since I was preoccupied with the closing of our house (which would have been 2 weeks later) I didn't think to ask better questions. I was there for a biopsy anyway when he told me about the pap, he also said he wasn't doing it because he needed to go higher up & to reschedule. He never said it was something to even worry about. So, yeah, I can see people putting it off because you always think it won't be something serious. I did regret not having it done sooner (took me a good month / 6 weeks before I could get back there), I can't begin to tell how scared I was, then it was over 2 weeks for results to even come back. So now we watch & wait.

I'm also supposed to get a mammo and have put that off too. I guess I'll have to find the script and a facility close to this house and have it done. There is no history in my family so it's not something that's been high on my must do's, but I guess I should.

btw, with breast cancer, from what I've read, if you have it in one breast, there is a good chance it is also in the other which is why they tested. How long before you get the results?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,494,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Imagine feeling a razor blade cutting into your cervix/uterus, that's exactly how it felt.

Since you have a history, you might want to get familiar with a good cancer center so that if the time comes, you are prepared. I can tell you that the care that my dad got was like night & day between a local hospital & Robert Wood. Had my dad stayed at RW, he may have had another month or so left

I'll tell you, when my pap came back abnormal I was in shock. I had no clue. I did ask if he thought it was cancer he said he didn't know. He never told me what was abnormal & since I was preoccupied with the closing of our house (which would have been 2 weeks later) I didn't think to ask better questions. I was there for a biopsy anyway when he told me about the pap, he also said he wasn't doing it because he needed to go higher up & to reschedule. He never said it was something to even worry about. So, yeah, I can see people putting it off because you always think it won't be something serious. I did regret not having it done sooner (took me a good month / 6 weeks before I could get back there), I can't begin to tell how scared I was, then it was over 2 weeks for results to even come back. So now we watch & wait.

I'm also supposed to get a mammo and have put that off too. I guess I'll have to find the script and a facility close to this house and have it done. There is no history in my family so it's not something that's been high on my must do's, but I guess I should.

btw, with breast cancer, from what I've read, if you have it in one breast, there is a good chance it is also in the other which is why they tested. How long before you get the results?
Wow, you had your fun too!!!!
My results will come in next week, but I am not too concerned because both doctors said its most 95percent b9, the normal is 80 percent. Basically the are establishing a good base line for me!! But I did not expect all this! I thought you go get some pictures and out. NO, that was not the case for my first MAMMO!!! So I will definately post results next week, yes they took both lymphnodes biopsy, I feel pretty positve I asked the doctor a good one, if she saw anything alarming in the films, I knew several people who right away the doctor saw it in the films and the biospy confimed it. So I asked do you see any chance obvious they said absolutely not, but to be on the safe side blah blah blah, we must do a biopsy to rule it 100 percent out! So thats my story. Thanks I will fill you in soon! I cant even get drunk I have to deal with this sober!!! If I made this week sober I can battle the world. My mom is in total kindey failure at Valley Hospital, they are trying to find out why. She has had a really terrible two years, and this does not look good on top of my crap!!! I am going to see her Sunday! Boy if I knew life got this ****ty when you got older, I would have stayed drunk!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 33,397,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Wow, you had your fun too!!!!
My results will come in next week, but I am not too concerned because both doctors said its most 95percent b9, the normal is 80 percent. Basically the are establishing a good base line for me!! But I did not expect all this! I thought you go get some pictures and out. NO, that was not the case for my first MAMMO!!! So I will definately post results next week, yes they took both lymphnodes biopsy, I feel pretty positve I asked the doctor a good one, if she saw anything alarming in the films, I knew several people who right away the doctor saw it in the films and the biospy confimed it. So I asked do you see any chance obvious they said absolutely not, but to be on the safe side blah blah blah, we must do a biopsy to rule it 100 percent out! So thats my story. Thanks I will fill you in soon! I cant even get drunk I have to deal with this sober!!! If I made this week sober I can battle the world. My mom is in total kindey failure at Valley Hospital, they are trying to find out why. She has had a really terrible two years, and this does not look good on top of my crap!!! I am going to see her Sunday! Boy if I knew life got this ****ty when you got older, I would have stayed drunk!
Man, they caught this on the 1st one? How crappy! I had one a few years ago, killed my back so I didn't rush to get back.
Eh, when you're ready for that drink, I might join you. Been a long time & I could use it. lol
Sorry about your mom; are the two of you close? I guess it's a good thing you came back to NJ?
I don't know why some of us have a dark cloud over us, but I've had one for the last few years too. It's time things got better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: