Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:24 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times

Advertisements

Hey, guys, it's been a while and I need some help. Hope all of you are ok.

I have a question. I was injured at work and went to the company doctor. I twisted my knee.
I have pain, swelling, clicking, grinding and locking up. I was sent back to work on office duty without any scans, xrays, etc.
I went back the first night and in 3 hours my whole leg swelled to the point my shoe was too tight.
I called out last night and asked the HR person if I could go see my own doctor because something is wrong in my knee.
He said he'd check and call me back. I've still not heard from him.

Does anyone know what my rights are in regard to this? I've never been in this situation before and need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Hey, guys, it's been a while and I need some help. Hope all of you are ok.

I have a question. I was injured at work and went to the company doctor. I twisted my knee.
I have pain, swelling, clicking, grinding and locking up. I was sent back to work on office duty without any scans, xrays, etc.
I went back the first night and in 3 hours my whole leg swelled to the point my shoe was too tight.
I called out last night and asked the HR person if I could go see my own doctor because something is wrong in my knee.
He said he'd check and call me back. I've still not heard from him.

Does anyone know what my rights are in regard to this? I've never been in this situation before and need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
Make an appt. with your own doctor! Then file a worker's comp. complaint. You may end up losing your job but if you do and it's because of this... then you'll have a nice lawsuit against them!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:49 AM

220 posts, read 745,284 times
Wow Jersey, Does not sound good at all, I think time for ER, x ray and MRI. Don't mess around could end up being surgical.
Heck, can't trust ER either, I went for sprined ankle, ended up in surgery 3 days later with titaniam implant. Ortho doc. appt. asap. Good Luck

Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Jersey
Go see your doctor...HR for the most part is not looking out for employee they are looking out for employer

Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Ok nix the above...go camp out in the HR office:
What to do if you are injured.

You should notify your employer as soon as possible. The notice may be given to your supervisor, personnel office, or anyone in authority at your place of business. Notice does not have to be in writing. If you need medical treatment, a request should be made to your employer as soon as possible. Under the NJ workers' compensation law, the employer and/or their insurance carrier can select the physician(s) to treat injured workers for work related injuries.

Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Injured Workers

Old 07-29-2009, 07:51 PM

Kate,
I told them asap and left for the ER immediately. No xrays taken because I "didn't fall". They told me to go see the workers comp doc and an ortho within 3 days.
Went to the workers comp doc the next day and told him. He said let's wait a week. I'm swollen to holy he double hockey sticks.
I called out last night after working on it the night before and having to leave early because the entire leg was swollen. I called HR today to ask if I can go see my own doctor. They said they'd call me back. Never got the call back. Yes I tried this afternoon too and got a voice mail.
It's just ridiculous.
I'm thinking of going to my own doc through my own insurance, but the difference is, I don't get paid for taking a day off, in fact, we get written up - yes, you cannot call out sick - not EVER.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Kate,
I told them asap and left for the ER immediately. No xrays taken because I "didn't fall". They told me to go see the workers comp doc and an ortho within 3 days.
Went to the workers comp doc the next day and told him. He said let's wait a week. I'm swollen to holy he double hockey sticks.
I called out last night after working on it the night before and having to leave early because the entire leg was swollen. I called HR today to ask if I can go see my own doctor. They said they'd call me back. Never got the call back. Yes I tried this afternoon too and got a voice mail.
It's just ridiculous.
I'm thinking of going to my own doc through my own insurance, but the difference is, I don't get paid for taking a day off, in fact, we get written up - yes, you cannot call out sick - not EVER.
That's BS, where the hell do you work, communist China??
You need to get it taken care of, your insurance may kick it back to workers comp..just document when, time and idiot you spoke to

Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM

You would be surprised at who I work for. One of the largest and supposedly "best companies to work for".
I'm dead serious - you cannot call out! I called out because my daughter got a concussion and I was on night duty to watch and wake her and got written up for calling out. It's a joke.
I spoke with an attorney this morning and got some great advice. He's heard of the doctor and it hasn't been good. This is a mess.
All I want is to get better....

Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 AM

And the saga continues. I got a call from the w/c company that informed me that they will not allow me to see an ortho.
Unbelievable!!

Old 07-31-2009, 04:59 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times
I would consult with a Workman's Comp attorney who specializes in that area of law. Keep records of everything and start keeping a log.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey