Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 AM

2 posts, read 26,257 times

Advertisements

HI THERE,
I am moving to new jersey(jersey city) ..can u suggest a good place for rental ..i have a toddler with me..looking for indian people around the area ..looking for 2 bd and 2 bath..atleast 900-1000sqft . i will be working near jersey city medical center so area 7-10 miles of JCMC..I will appreciate if u cd suggest few selected areas. my bugget is $1500-1800. Advice needed ASAP
thanks!
ajinder

Last edited by ajinder; 08-04-2008 at 02:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 12:28 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,097,752 times
I would say try any of the following:

craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums
Apartments.com – Find Apartments For Rent Free Among the Most Visual Rental Listings
Contact an agent if neither of the two above work

Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,512 times
i recommend 201 st. pauls avenue.The indian population is largely found around journal square. I recommend that area as it is in the price range you are looking for.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM

730 posts, read 2,888,077 times
I second the Journal Square area. I have also noticed that there is a large indian population on and around Manhattan Avenue off of Kennedy boulevard, which is just a few blocks from JSQ

Old 01-08-2009, 02:54 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times
Journal Square and Newport are two parts of Jersey City where largest numbers of Indian people reside.

In Journal Square you can get more living space for your money, there are lots of Indian shops and restaurants, particularly along Newark Avenue between Kennedy Boulevard and Tonnele Avenue (that area is called India Square). There is a Navratri festival held there. Most of the surrounding streets have many houses and apartments inhabited by Indian people and others. It's not a bad neighborhood, but many of the houses are old and could use some repair, so be careful when deciding on a place to rent. There are a lot of rehabilitated houses and apartments scattered around, which have the most modern comforts and amenities.

Newport is on the Jersey City waterfront. There are also lots of Indian people living there, but most of them are fairly young, mostly single professionals. Apartments are very nice, in relatively modern highrise buildings. Apartments in Newport are expensive. A 2-bedroom apartment there probably averages between $2900-$3500 a month. Despite a large Indian population, there aren't more than a couple of Indian restaurants in Newport.

If you search "Journal Square" or "Newport" on craigslist, you'll find apartments in each neighborhood.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:24 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,483 times
Journal square is a good place for you, but just to add another the area, around lincoln Park has a lot of indians also. Its a nice area of town. Private school is a must for your child.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 AM

3 posts, read 7,016 times
Good Morning!
I'm not sure if you still need suggestions, but I work in JC myself. I'm new to the area, but I currently live at the Zenith at Liberty Harbor. I'm sure you've seen the construction of Liberty Harbor which is right next to the JCMC. This would be ideal for you. Within my building reside many Idian families. I believe it is within your price range, but would suggest viewing the site, and giving them a call!

www.libertyharbor.com or (201) 639-0333

Good luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey