Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,377 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I'm a single 25-year-old recent college grad who might be moving from Michigan to New Jersey in the next month or so. I will be working in Warren, New Jersey (Somerset County).

I would appreciate any help/suggestions/advice regarding what areas I should be looking at for decently priced apartments ($500 - $1300/month depending on amenities, included utilities, etc). I don't think I'd like having a roommate, if I can avoid it. Also, I'd like to be close to work but more importantly, I'd like to know what communities are best for a young single guy in a new town.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 PM

792 posts, read 3,136,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheMoveToNJ View Post
I'm a single 25-year-old recent college grad who might be moving from Michigan to New Jersey in the next month or so. I will be working in Warren, New Jersey (Somerset County).
Also, I'd like to be close to work but more importantly, I'd like to know what communities are best for a young single guy in a new town.
Warren is a bit of a sleepy area. If you are looking for a little "social central" try up 287 going into Morristown or down/off 287 in/around Rutgers University. That's my take. Let's see if anyone else concurs or knows of other possibilities. If I was in your shoes maybe lean toward Rutgers area, IIRC the town of Somerset has a young crowd but that was long time ago.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,018,609 times
There are some decent rentals in Manville for that price range. Most of the other towns are pricier, although, Hillsborough may be a little too far. Check out North Plainfield, if possible stay North of Rt 22.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,377 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the advice...I'll look into those areas mentioned. Any suggestions on websites to check out or where to go to begin my search?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey