Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,436,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Why wont you move into the city? That's where I will be living when I am older, and than when its time to go the suburbs I think I will pick New Jersey over Long Island.

But yeah, why don't you move to the city? How old are you?
you make it sound so easy--lol
my bro works in NYC but still lives in NJ with our parents because he cant afford to be on his own in the city. you guys are still young--and i dont mean for you to keep hearing that. but the truth is once you get out of school you will realize that we are all in the same boat and your ideas now will prove improbable, which is why the adults are in here grumbling all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 AM

pst....anyone else noticing the spelling and grammer errors of our youth? and in 2 different states, so its not only in the ghetto. worries me....

Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 AM

6 posts, read 12,605 times
lol...try grammar. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickee56 View Post
lol...try grammar. Sorry, couldn't resist.
exactly--oops!! lol

Old 08-05-2008, 12:06 PM

217 posts, read 1,143,492 times
NYC is a thought but thats too much, ima jersey boy and been in the same city all my life hah.. and yea i would drive around the country and i been to a lot of places but i LOVE jersey to much.. north jersey to be specific. Im only 16 btw for who ever asked, im just bringin this topic up.. i have no clue where im going to live but im going to college at Rutgers in Newark and im hoping i'll be successful enough to do what i want.

Im just saying it sucks for the people who dont have all that much money that has a family who arent bad people have not much of a vareity to choose from in North Jersey besides the ghettos. I dont think it's not fair for them to live through the kaos. And i think they should have more Blue collar areas in Bergen.

The reason im now just saying this is not because of me, because im fine livin in a decent area (central ave. hackensack) but i have a friend who her mom and dad had a divorce and the single mom who cant do the rent anymore moved to where she can afford which was Irvington, and they arent ready for that.. they were hard working and loving but now they have to live in a dangerous community. There should be more to choose from.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:40 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,913,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
your young, drive around when you get your license, and see all the different areas. I used to drive all over , still do and still exploring. I love seeing all the different tpes of areas. You got industrial ruins, ghetto, fancy, all types, when I lived in NYS, way up but it does not really matter even orange county ny it all looks the same!
I do that too! I love doing that. Thought I do it less with gas prices being what they are lol!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,913,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDaSack View Post
NYC is a thought but thats too much, ima jersey boy and been in the same city all my life hah.. and yea i would drive around the country and i been to a lot of places but i LOVE jersey to much.. north jersey to be specific. Im only 16 btw for who ever asked, im just bringin this topic up.. i have no clue where im going to live but im going to college at Rutgers in Newark and im hoping i'll be successful enough to do what i want.

Im just saying it sucks for the people who dont have all that much money that has a family who arent bad people have not much of a vareity to choose from in North Jersey besides the ghettos. I dont think it's not fair for them to live through the kaos. And i think they should have more Blue collar areas in Bergen.

The reason im now just saying this is not because of me, because im fine livin in a decent area (central ave. hackensack) but i have a friend who her mom and dad had a divorce and the single mom who cant do the rent anymore moved to where she can afford which was Irvington, and they arent ready for that.. they were hard working and loving but now they have to live in a dangerous community. There should be more to choose from.
You are 100% right.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:39 PM

893 posts, read 2,851,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
you make it sound so easy--lol
my bro works in NYC but still lives in NJ with our parents because he cant afford to be on his own in the city. you guys are still young--and i don't mean for you to keep hearing that. but the truth is once you get out of school you will realize that we are all in the same boat and your ideas now will prove improbable, which is why the adults are in here grumbling all the time.
I'm sure if you really want it to happen you can make it happen. I really want to live in Manhattan when I am older, and I will do anything to make it happen. Well not really, I can easily live with my father in Queens and just take the train into the city. But I don't know. I have a lot of time to figure this out, and might even end up living in the suburbs while never living in the city.

DaSack: I agree what your saying about there not being enough blue collar neighborhoods in certain counties. But aren't there other counties? Bergen county is a very high in demand county, so of course the real estate prices are going to be a lot. Same with Nassau and Westchester.

Btw I'm 16 also. I just like reading these boards, to get a good idea what my parents are going thru. We are barely surviving in Nassau and almost moved to the Poconos. (Yikes) That's why I plan on going to college, and you should too. So you wont be in this predicament when you are older.

Hope my grammar was better in this response.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:41 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,409,706 times
Aaaahh to be young and full of optimism. I remember those days.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,335,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
I'm sure if you really want it to happen you can make it happen. I really want to live in Manhattan when I am older, and I will do anything to make it happen. Well not really, I can easily live with my father in Queens and just take the train into the city. But I don't know. I have a lot of time to figure this out, and might even end up living in the suburbs while never living in the city.

DaSack: I agree what your saying about there not being enough blue collar neighborhoods in certain counties. But aren't there other counties? Bergen county is a very high in demand county, so of course the real estate prices are going to be a lot. Same with Nassau and Westchester.

Btw I'm 16 also. I just like reading these boards, to get a good idea what my parents are going thru. We are barely surviving in Nassau and almost moved to the Poconos. (Yikes) That's why I plan on going to college, and you should too. So you wont be in this predicament when you are older.

Hope my grammar was better in this response.
Wish you the best of luck.

Unfortunately, college doesn't always mean a decent life. Yeah, I'm still young, I plan on getting my Master's...and possibly my phD. Doesn't mean I will make it and not be poor. I know a handful of people with degrees that are working in grocery stores, fast food, or other menial jobs they couldn't care less about if it weren't for the need to pay bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey