Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,546,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Seriously though, do we really need the blankets & pillows? unless it was a red eye flight I never sleep during flight and even then the engine noise and that hissing air sound make it impossible for me to sleep.
..just steal the guy next to you's pillow and blanket while he's sleeping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,410,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
..just steal the guy next to you's pillow and blanket while he's sleeping

that would only start a pillow fight. You know, I like train rides/amtrak a lot better than flying, you wouldn't believe how much fun you can have riding the trains.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,546,821 times
Quote:
that would only start a pillow fight. You know, I like train rides/amtrak a lot better than flying, you wouldn't believe how much fun you can have riding the trains.
Can't have a real pillow fight if only one person has a pillow . I get motion sickness so trains would be out for me .

Old 08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,336,869 times
Quote:
I've never ridden an Amtrak - I don't know if I'd be able to handle it, I get motion sickness. Plus, last I looked, Amtrak cost a little more for me than using Continental (here to NJ)

Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,410,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
I've never ridden an Amtrak - I don't know if I'd be able to handle it, I get motion sickness. Plus, last I looked, Amtrak cost a little more for me than using Continental (here to NJ)
Trust me, motion sickness can be cured by all the alcohol you can consume . It might be a bit more $$ depending where you're travelling but man, may I suggest a ride say during Mardi Gras?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 AM

7,053 posts, read 19,211,380 times
Enjoy your stay at the Continental, baby.

http://manufacturedenvironments.com/2006/faust/the-continental.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-05-2008, 10:57 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,645,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Amtrak Accella Express ROCKS

Its my preferred travel for any trips to DC or CT for work. I go train whenever I can, no irritation at the airport, no 2 hours wait for a short hopper flight, just hop on the train and go...

Add to that a duplex outlet at every seat (biz class, I don't know about economy), and my favorite - the "Quiet Car"! Noone talking, just other people working/napping/relaxing. It doesn't get better...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:45 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,915,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Yes they Are. What next Toilets?
So far Southwest is the only one not charging some kind of fee.

Diane G
I'm thinking there will be a surcharge for seatbelts soon..

Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I think we're spoiled here in Jersey because EWR is continental's hub. Although it makes me sad that Virgin America isn't flying out of EWR yet.

I love continental. Awesome service, never had a bad flight.
I loved Continental until my last flight home from Miami Beach - HORRIBLE. My friend was also on the infamous "poopy in the aisle" flight back from Europe...she doesn't really like them anymore! LOL !

Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I was at EWR twice this month and it's "jammin' " How can airlines claim that they are struggling at the moment..it's all crap - just an excuse to charge us more. I check on flights to Scotland..$1400! The last visitor who left claimed they offered him $600 plus a hotel stay if he would bump his flight to the following day - over booked flight.
They overbook EVERYTHING today. Airlines are run like CRAP. I don't even want to fly anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey