Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM

169 posts, read 703,110 times

Advertisements

Strong and Shapely is def the most "hardcore" gym in the area.

24hr fitness does in fact have more room than you will find anywhere. It might be slightly "pricy" but you pay for brand new state of the art (The treadmills/elipticals have ipod connectors for god sakes), and amentities, it really has it all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 01:58 PM

177 posts, read 700,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin View Post
Strong and Shapely is def the most "hardcore" gym in the area.

24hr fitness does in fact have more room than you will find anywhere. It might be slightly "pricy" but you pay for brand new state of the art (The treadmills/elipticals have ipod connectors for god sakes), and amentities, it really has it all....
Do you have any idea what the best rate I can get at that 24 hour fitness? I don't want the multigym pass, just want to work out at that one. And someone mentioned the child care is an extra cost. Any idea how much more?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:11 PM

169 posts, read 703,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Capo* View Post
Do you have any idea what the best rate I can get at that 24 hour fitness? I don't want the multigym pass, just want to work out at that one. And someone mentioned the child care is an extra cost. Any idea how much more?
I'm pretty sure that right now the SINGLE gym rate is $69/month with no contract and a $79 initiation. They are brand new so you may have some wiggle room to negotiate, or inquire about any specials there, introductory rates, etc.

They are a huge corporate company and always run specials on their website so you can also keep an eye out for that as well. It's worth going down there and speaking with someone and checking out the facility.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:32 AM

16 posts, read 62,508 times
Smile Thanks

For the info on gyms. It was helpful. I was just unsure about joining Bally's or not.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:51 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
The rates quoted by itznin are correct.
Child care was extra. If you want the monthly pass it is $39.99 for that.
Then they can go anytime. Otherwise it was $5 a session.
The child care area was REALLY nice though - with a jungle gym, basketball... not just a sad little room like most places offer.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 AM

16 posts, read 62,508 times
Thanks for the info.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Golds in Teterboro:

Finally got there and man, was I impressed! I gotta say, even more impressed than I was w/ 24 hr fitness. I can't wait for my current membership to expire so I can join!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Capo* View Post
Good. I can't stand all that extra curricular stuff at those other mega gyms. I only don't mind when the gym itself is large in size, therefore everyone has room. I trained at the Crunch gyms in NYC and the freeweights are crammed together and they seriously have OD'd on the cardio equipment. That 24hour looks somewhat prissy, but since it's new everything will be super clean and the facility is large enough to space everything out (hopefully).
Capo - I'd recommend Gold's. It's not your typical Golds, it is diverse (not all hard core gym types) and spaced nicely, super nice. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of 24 Hr Fitness (raquetball, basketball pool...) but unless you really want those things, why pay more for them?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 PM

177 posts, read 700,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Capo - I'd recommend Gold's. It's not your typical Golds, it is diverse (not all hard core gym types) and spaced nicely, super nice. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of 24 Hr Fitness (raquetball, basketball pool...) but unless you really want those things, why pay more for them?

Agreed with Gold's being the best gym around. When I lived in Vegas I lifted at Gold's and it was the best gym I've ever trained at.

I finally signed up for a 3 month membership at Strong & Shapely. I like the quietness of Rutherford and the easy drive it is for me. Gold's and 24 Hour are another 5-10 minutes of traffic and I would have to sign a contract for longer if I wanted a decent rate. I think the heavy freeweights and lack of "frills" will be good for me to get back to where I was 6 months ago fitness-wise. I also love the fact that when I go there is hardly anyone around what I need to use in the gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey