Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,957,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
Thank You, I'm on my way........ My brother tells me this offender had his license taken away as a minor for driving under the influence. Surprise, surprise!!!!! Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
That accident happened by my house and I was unfortunate enough to see the victims as they were taken out of the ambulances and put on 2 state police medical choppers at 0230 hours in the morning. It's unfortunate that some knuckleheads drive in Barnegat Bay at 80 MPH on these go fast boats drunk in the wee hours of the morning. As being involved in law enforcement for over 30 years one of the biggest scams going are for drunk drivers to flee the scene and turn themselves a day or two later after they sobered up. They say they didn't know they hit anything and could now be only charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident versus being charged with aggravated manslaughter. So you could avoid a possible 15 to 20 year prison sentence and possibly only pay a fine. This irked me a long time ago and still does. Ive seen it happen close to 100 times. The state should change this loophole but no there worried about passing laws about sunnyside up eggs and look alike cigarettes.
I'm sorry you had to see that. My friend is a trauma nurse at the shore and said they didn't even bring the deceased there. Said he was practically decapitated!!! The wife is ok and thier friend is still in serious condition. I hear there is not even a speed limit on boating???? My brother won't even take us tubing anymore because of all the cigarette boats flying along the river. Looks like all the money that came to the matedaconk bought with them all the big toys!! Sad.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:03 AM

looks like they found at least three photos of the guy who hit the boat at several party's in Seasdide Heights. Again, I'm saddened by the photo they released today of the deceased. He could be me!!!!! Several of the blogs I read seem to think that this is just another drunk guy with money that is going to get away with murder!!!!!!! I'm not sure why this keeps me up at night, or why it is not getting more press than it is, but I think more people that live on this river should be more "up in arms". I call "home" every day and they just seem to think that is just what boating has become. I can't accept this!!!!! Is there anyone out there on the Metedeconk who is as mad/ sad as me ???

Old 08-09-2008, 08:45 AM

5,815 posts, read 12,570,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
looks like they found at least three photos of the guy who hit the boat at several party's in Seasdide Heights. Again, I'm saddened by the photo they released today of the deceased. He could be me!!!!! Several of the blogs I read seem to think that this is just another drunk guy with money that is going to get away with murder!!!!!!! I'm not sure why this keeps me up at night, or why it is not getting more press than it is, but I think more people that live on this river should be more "up in arms". I call "home" every day and they just seem to think that is just what boating has become. I can't accept this!!!!! Is there anyone out there on the Metedeconk who is as mad/ sad as me ???
I'm not directly on the Metedeconk but on Barnegat Bay. Yea this pisses me off to. Last night they were out speeding again. The problem is they only have 3 state police officers on duty at midnights to cover the whole area. As you can see with some of the other threads posted here most people don't want the police enforcing the speeding laws. They all have excuses.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:42 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,508,076 times
Yikes !!
I been away from NJ for some time now but as an avid boater who has navigated those very waters and who has had to deal with rude and uneducated boaters I feel for the whole situation. It's sad.

Have they every changed the law in recent years mandating a boater safety course and a boaters license? That was always a hot issue but never passed.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not directly on the Metedeconk but on Barnegat Bay. Yea this pisses me off to. Last night they were out speeding again. The problem is they only have 3 state police officers on duty at midnights to cover the whole area. As you can see with some of the other threads posted here most people don't want the police enforcing the speeding laws. They all have excuses.
Can't believe there is no speed limit on boating!!!! Though I don't suppose it would have mattered to this drunk who was speeding in a no wake area. I bet he gets away w/ murder

Old 08-13-2008, 09:25 AM

5,815 posts, read 12,570,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Yikes !!
I been away from NJ for some time now but as an avid boater who has navigated those very waters and who has had to deal with rude and uneducated boaters I feel for the whole situation. It's sad.

Have they every changed the law in recent years mandating a boater safety course and a boaters license? That was always a hot issue but never passed.
Yes you must attend an 8 hour course and pass a 50 question test. They issue a boating license after that.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Yes you must attend an 8 hour course and pass a 50 question test. They issue a boating license after that.
Well, that is more than you have to do to drive a car. Go figure

Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Well, that is more than you have to do to drive a car. Go figure
- it appears you don't have to take a behind the wheel test, like you do with a car. how is getting a boating license harder?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:54 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,542,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
- it appears you don't have to take a behind the wheel test, like you do with a car. how is getting a boating license harder?
I got mine when I was I think in 8th grade? No driving test required!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey