Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
the same peeps who complain about tickets are probably the same ones who blame welfare queens, cops, teachers, politicians, minorities and the poor for all the ills in this state, yet refuse to take blame for their actions. "it's everyone's fault by mine".....hilarious.
Let's not forget big oil, corporate welfare, and Dick Cheney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 04:10 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Let's not forget big oil, corporate welfare, and Dick Cheney
not many people complain about that in this state, or at least on this board. it's all about corzine, teachers, cops, and the poor...

Old 08-19-2008, 06:05 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,371 times
This kinda makes sense and explains it:
7online.com: 5 towns benefit from I-287 tickets 8/19/08

Old 08-20-2008, 07:47 PM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
Watch out on RT23 in CG. IIRC 40mph and strictly enforced, drops to 25mph in downtown. They act as if Hannibal Lechter is on the loose in CG.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
One thing I do not miss about Jersey...the cops bugging you for every little thing. Here in Fl. they could care less. #1 No inspection
#2 cheaper auto ins. by almost 600 bucks!
The cops here do not bust like they do in Jersey. Here you can have tint all over your car....they even do something called a wrap here on your car. You can have a personal photo made by these tint companies here and put them on your whole rear window or all windows. In Jersey you would get pulled over in a second. Here you can back your truck up and drop a boat in any lake and just leave your car or truck parked until you get back in. In Jersey you need all these permits and they would also tow your truck. Jersey is way tooooo strict with everything.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
One thing I do not miss about Jersey...the cops bugging you for every little thing. Here in Fl. they could care less. #1 No inspection
New Jersey's inspection laws are strict, but mostly fair. The lift laws are rational, and there is a simple waiver process for cars that fail emissions. No inspection is the other extreme. There is no reason why the state shouldn't require that cars have adequate and safe braking, steering, and signaling devices. When you're on a highway traveling 65 mph with a vehicle deficient in any of these areas you're not only gambling with your own safety, but also the others using that highway.

Quote:
#2 cheaper auto ins. by almost 600 bucks!
Well you got me there, but I have NJM

Quote:
The cops here do not bust like they do in Jersey. Here you can have tint all over your car....they even do something called a wrap here on your car. You can have a personal photo made by these tint companies here and put them on your whole rear window or all windows.
I'm sure Florida cops just LOVE approaching a vehicle with full 90% tint. They have no way of knowing how many people are inside or what they're doing (or what they're armed with).

Quote:
Here you can back your truck up and drop a boat in any lake and just leave your car or truck parked until you get back in. In Jersey you need all these permits and they would also tow your truck. Jersey is way tooooo strict with everything.
Do you have any idea how many more lakes Florida has? Not mention land area?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:56 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post

I'm sure Florida cops just LOVE approaching a vehicle with full 90% tint. They have no way of knowing how many people are inside or what they're doing (or what they're armed with).
I agree with you. I just can't fathom why it is so hard for people to understand that in all fairness to the police, they should be able to see the people they are approaching.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM

526 posts, read 1,391,814 times
Another thing most other states don't have is police officers lined up on foot in the middle of the road forcing every car or truck that passes buy to slow down to almost a stop, roll window down so they can look in to see if your seat belts are on. They claim safety but reality is Revenue Collection!!

The people of New Jersey and any other state don't need this sort of baby sitter treatment, our elected officials beg to differ though, according to them we are all way to dumb to get by with out them to watch out for us (and tax the he!! out of us to pay for all that watching out).

Old 08-22-2008, 07:29 PM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
These dumb arse cops need to have their salaries and pensions capped. The state has given them "carte blanche". The tax payers have suffered severely. Time for caps and controls on pay and pensions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey