Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:54 PM

136 posts, read 751,598 times

Advertisements

Im in the group of Jersey-ites who left. We fled to NC (With the rest of the herd) This past June. Not angry at all with the state, just couldn't afford it. I am 17, my parents couldn't afford it anymore and we left while the going SEEMED good.

We got to North Carolina, and HATED it. We lived in a RURAL Raleigh Suburb of Clayton. We left our family, our lives, our HOME. A sense of home is different for everyone. but for us Jersey had everything we could have ever wanted. I could list the positives of Jersey, but they have already been named.

So in October, we moved back. Just bought a house, and while its going to be a struggle for my parents, its WORTH It. Sure theres things wrong with Jersey. The high cost, the corruption, ect. But its worth it in the end. It has EVERYTHING we could have ever wanted.

The price of living unhappy elsewhere doesnt compare to the price of paying more to live HAPPILY in New Jersey for us. It's where our lives are. It's our home. And we love it. We faught to come back, and are appreciating every moment of it.

Jersey folks who LOVE it, and go to other cheaper locations, chances are.. they will not be happy. If you aren't happy here.. and move. You'll LOVE wherever you go. For us, the rural-effect, the people (although some were nice, not all), the farms, cows, weather, not having NEARLY as much as we have here.. wasn't it worth it.

I know for me.. I am GREATFUL to be back in Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 03:02 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,879,762 times
That is one of the reasons we checked out the area that we want to move to. I would hate to live in a rural area - and we made sure it wasn't like that where we are moving. Everyone has said you need to give it at least a year, it will be an adjustment.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:06 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
Same as Christina0001 I love NJ, we are just moving because we can buy a brand new house and have it paid for plus we think it will just be a better life not always worrying about the mortgage payment. I am sad about leaving, but for us it is a good choice. (I hope)

I also plan on being in NJ lots! All my family is here, I have found I love the Atlantic City Airport and I can fly into there and get a good price flight. Or we can drive up since we aren't moving that far away. We are moving to SC.

I have lived here all my life, I will always consider NJ home.
Same here- no bitterness, just time to explore other pastures. New Jersey will always be here to visit, and I will.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:34 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,315 times
What Christina said. I still love NJ, we really have it all here. I will be returning so much to visit. No bitterness, and I know I will miss it.

I think we Njers are the best group of people. And it can never be said enough, I don't have to pump gas here.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:40 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,879,762 times
So funny about pumping gas - I don't want to do that. I could never understand why anybody would. I guess that is something I will have to learn!

Old 01-27-2007, 03:45 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I've gotta ask- how is your husband getting from Brick to Jersey City in 1 hour and 10 minutes- company helicopter? That seems like a bit of a stretch to me.....

Bob
I would love NJ even more if I had a company helicopter.

62 miles in 70 minutes. I don't think so. Only way by car would be at 2am and that's hauling butt on the parkway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HMMM??? Just did a mapquest. Brick to JC...1 hour 12 minutes...60.75 miles. That's of course with absolutely no traffic.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:18 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
So funny about pumping gas - I don't want to do that. I could never understand why anybody would. I guess that is something I will have to learn!
Not having to pump gas is wonderful, especially when it is cold or raining!

Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 PM

16 posts, read 21,432 times
Default MPBsr and Kovacs

Ok your right Msb did a map quest and it was 1 hr and 12 minutes and maybe more our less if you speed or the weather. I'm just trying to point out its not really that bad here. But if you dislike it here than leave my posts are sticking up for the people that live here and love it here. Hey I dislike or if I should say (HATE) property taxes like everybody else I'm not going to move to save a couple of bucks. If you dislike it here because of other things then move all I'm saying is life on the other side might not be better for everybody. It might be better for the people that can leave there family for a long time but to me I love it here and I want to be by my family and grandkids. To me a few thousand dollars in the bank is not worth leaving this state and the family and friends that I truly love. One of the posters RadioJoe said they hated it there and they eventually moved back. There can be anywhere not only the south. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm in love with this state but I truly am. Yes we go on vacations down south every year but after a week or two I can't wait to get home. Thanks to a ll the posters.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:54 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojoe315 View Post
Im in the group of Jersey-ites who left. We fled to NC (With the rest of the herd) This past June. Not angry at all with the state, just couldn't afford it. I am 17, my parents couldn't afford it anymore and we left while the going SEEMED good.

We got to North Carolina, and HATED it. We lived in a RURAL Raleigh Suburb of Clayton. We left our family, our lives, our HOME. A sense of home is different for everyone. but for us Jersey had everything we could have ever wanted. I could list the positives of Jersey, but they have already been named.

So in October, we moved back. Just bought a house, and while its going to be a struggle for my parents, its WORTH It. Sure theres things wrong with Jersey. The high cost, the corruption, ect. But its worth it in the end. It has EVERYTHING we could have ever wanted.

The price of living unhappy elsewhere doesnt compare to the price of paying more to live HAPPILY in New Jersey for us. It's where our lives are. It's our home. And we love it. We faught to come back, and are appreciating every moment of it.

Jersey folks who LOVE it, and go to other cheaper locations, chances are.. they will not be happy. If you aren't happy here.. and move. You'll LOVE wherever you go. For us, the rural-effect, the people (although some were nice, not all), the farms, cows, weather, not having NEARLY as much as we have here.. wasn't it worth it.

I know for me.. I am GREATFUL to be back in Jersey.
I left too. We left because we can't stand NJ. The cost of living, taxes, terrible weather, Terrible cities like Trenton,Camden,Newark, Jersey City (all of the cities). I grew up in Central Jersey in Mercer County, absolutely nothing to do except sit in traffic and go to strip malls. People are way too rude in NJ. Everyone I knew growing up called Jersey the armpit of America, I can't disagree. But hey that's just me. The one thing I can say is here in SC I constantly see NJ plates. I guess I'm not alone.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:47 AM

604 posts, read 2,913,408 times
Paully Sc,
No wonder people you knew called NJ the armpit you grew up in Mercer Co. Nobody in the Somerset Hills area thinks NJ stinks. Expensive yes, stinks, I don't think so.

E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey