Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times

Advertisements

What was your first concert?
Most recent?
One you really want to see, but have not?
Most you've ever paid for tickets?
Dumbest thing you've ever done to GET tickets?

Start spilling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 12:48 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Most recent?

Start spilling!
ohh boy I am the concert kid!! My first concert was Todd Rundgren, I would love to catch David Bowie, Frank Zappa but its too late, Steve Vai ,or a UTOPIA reunion thats Todd's band . Most I have ever paid for a ticket probably 150 dollars for 1st row to see Steve Morse with Deep Purple or Jeff Beck , nothing stupid but just miss a great show by not paying!!!! Actually I have seen steve vai but not a whole show only for a song with Zappa plays Zappa so you cant count that. Most recent was Todd RUndgren last week about at Bearsville Theather!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times

EMBARRASSING - MEN AT WORK at the Piers in NYC. Was SUPPOSED to be The Police, but my brother surprised me for my b'day - 2 wks b4 The Police.

Most recent?

The Police and Elvis Costello at the Arts Center - last week.

I'd like to see Van Halen

Hmmm...probably The Police last year in Boston. About $125? (I've seen The Police 4xs in the past year )

Honestly, nothing. I'm not one to camp out or strip to get tickets, LOL.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:53 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,280 times
first concert was believe it or not Joan Jett (hanging head low in shame) lol, most recent was Yaz (aka Yazoo in the UK), one that I'd love to see is Tool, most ever paid I'd say it was for the old K-Rock DFP's at PNC paid about $80, no dumb things that I can recall.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM

1) First concert was Hall & Oates at the Hartford Civic Center in 1983. The H20 tour. LOL But that was WITH the parents. First without was Journey "Frontiers" tour in the Arena (Bryan Adams opened) and it was also '83. Great show...

2) Most recent - I'm very ashamed to say - was Hannah Montanna/Miley Cyrus and Jonas Bros at The Rock. LOL - hey, I have kids!

3) I've seem most of the acts I'd like to by this point. I have not seen the Eagles and I'd like to. Also Tim McGraw (love Tim) and Kenny Chesney (yeah, I'm a country girl too..how growing up in JC I don't know, but I am)

4) I refuse to pay a lot - the most I ever paid was $250 for a ticket to see u2. But as mentioned previously I love U2 and Bono w/ all my heart... so I splurged.

5) Well, it would have to be either sleeping outside overnight to get tickets back in the 80's. Then recently to GET the aforementioned Hannah Montanna tix for Christmas, I joined the Miley Cyrus fan club (worlds only 39 yr old member?) and got the presale. Lied at work and said i had a conference call so I could close the door and be on the PC to get them - you would have thought I won the lottery! LOL!

BEST Show you've ever seen... we should include that category as well. I have a lot.

But I'd say U2 Elevation tour 2001, I saw them a month after 9/11 at MSG and it was extremely poingiant and an night I'll always remember.

I saw Bon Jovi's New Years Eve concert in the Arena it was 86 into 87 or 85 into 86, I don't remember. Awesome show we had a blast and my grandma didn't speak to me for like 2 weeks because I wanted to do that rather than watch Lawrence Welk or someone like that w/ her! LOL!

Police in Shea 1983 - Synchronicity - REM & Joan Jett opened. Awesome.

Saw Billy Joel many times back in the day and, back in the day, he was great. The past 10 yrs have not been kind to his live shows. John & Joel was great though - the first one - got rained on and loved it.

Van Halen w/ David when he was sober... great shows. LOL

Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
first concert was believe it or not Joan Jett (hanging head low in shame) lol, most recent was Yaz (aka Yazoo in the UK), one that I'd love to see is Tool, most ever paid I'd say it was for the old K-Rock DFP's at PNC paid about $80, no dumb things that I can recall.
Joan Jett's not nearly as embarrassing as Men at Work. I saw her in 83 when she opened for....ta da....The Police.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Yaz as in "Upstairs at Erics" Yaz?

Old 08-11-2008, 12:58 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,280 times
Quote:
Yaz as in "Upstairs at Erics" Yaz?
Yeah, DW was a HUGEEEEE fan of them and Allison Moyet, we just went last month (July) to a show at the Terminal in NYC.

Disclaimer: She made me go lol

Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
What was your first concert? The Doors (1969 at the Felt Forum) ended up seeing them 3 more times too. Love them!

Most recent? Jon Bovi

One you really want to see, but have not? Coldplay and Celine Dion

Most you've ever paid for tickets? $80

Dumbest thing you've ever done to GET tickets? Waited on line for 5 hours.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
1) First concert was Hall & Oates at the Hartford Civic Center in 1983. The H20 tour. LOL But that was WITH the parents. First without was Journey "Frontiers" tour in the Arena (Bryan Adams opened) and it was also '83. Great show...

2) Most recent - I'm very ashamed to say - was Hannah Montanna/Miley Cyrus and Jonas Bros at The Rock. LOL - hey, I have kids!

3) I've seem most of the acts I'd like to by this point. I have not seen the Eagles and I'd like to. Also Tim McGraw (love Tim) and Kenny Chesney (yeah, I'm a country girl too..how growing up in JC I don't know, but I am)

4) I refuse to pay a lot - the most I ever paid was $250 for a ticket to see u2. But as mentioned previously I love U2 and Bono w/ all my heart... so I splurged.

5) Well, it would have to be either sleeping outside overnight to get tickets back in the 80's. Then recently to GET the aforementioned Hannah Montanna tix for Christmas, I joined the Miley Cyrus fan club (worlds only 39 yr old member?) and got the presale. Lied at work and said i had a conference call so I could close the door and be on the PC to get them - you would have thought I won the lottery! LOL!

BEST Show you've ever seen... we should include that category as well. I have a lot.

But I'd say U2 Elevation tour 2001, I saw them a month after 9/11 at MSG and it was extremely poingiant and an night I'll always remember.

I saw Bon Jovi's New Years Eve concert in the Arena it was 86 into 87 or 85 into 86, I don't remember. Awesome show we had a blast and my grandma didn't speak to me for like 2 weeks because I wanted to do that rather than watch Lawrence Welk or someone like that w/ her! LOL!

Police in Shea 1983 - Synchronicity - REM & Joan Jett opened. Awesome.

Saw Billy Joel many times back in the day and, back in the day, he was great. The past 10 yrs have not been kind to his live shows. John & Joel was great though - the first one - got rained on and loved it.

Van Halen w/ David when he was sober... great shows. LOL
I'd love to see Billy Joel - my SIL has been several times recently and she says he puts on a GREAT show. Love to see the Eagles too.

I saw Joan Jett, REM AND Madness as opening acts!

I had tickets to see Kajagoogoo (I can't believe I'm divulging this) at The Beacon (?) in NYC and they disbanded a week before the show. Holy early 80's batman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey