Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,095 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of the possibility of moving to Wildwood. What is it like the rest of the year when it's not summer? How is the school system? I am a teacher and wonder if it would be easy to find ajob. I live in Northern NJ and am getting tired of the rudeness and environment around me that is so fast paced.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,652 times
Not sure Wildwood is such a great place to live. I don't know much about the schools, but I do know that it's a little rough around the edges once the tourists leave for the summer, at least that's been my experience in the past. Much of that experience is from the 90's, though. It may have changed some in the last 5 or 10 years.

Also, what do you teach?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 AM

983 posts, read 2,773,888 times
Not sure what the schools are like there, but I know from relatives who live there year round that it's not a fun place to live. In the summer it is crazy jammed with tourists. In the winter it is a ghost town. My cousins used to complain about it all the time and were lonely and bored living there.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:24 PM

29 posts, read 60,054 times
i transferred to south jersey last year and live in wildwood. i'mglad i made the move. don't know how the school system is or if they're employing, but as a teacher you can make a difference in the childrens lives. wildwood is a little rough. seems to be a mixture of races and incomes. plenty to do here. shop, malls, movies, bars/resturants, bowling and in cape may there are even more activities. check out a local web site for cape may county for more info. again, i'm lad i made the move.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 8,467 times
Can anyone tell me if there are any year round jobs in wildwood nj ?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 8,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl318 View Post
i transferred to south jersey last year and live in wildwood. i'mglad i made the move. don't know how the school system is or if they're employing, but as a teacher you can make a difference in the childrens lives. wildwood is a little rough. seems to be a mixture of races and incomes. plenty to do here. shop, malls, movies, bars/resturants, bowling and in cape may there are even more activities. check out a local web site for cape may county for more info. again, i'm lad i made the move.
The pay is good for teachers in Wildwood. I think its a great place to live!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
I've wondered the same about Cape May - I'd LOVE to move there. Maybe when I retire!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM

469 posts, read 1,640,312 times
The only place in jersey I feel that is worth living is the Wildwood/Cape May area. The tourist seaon doesn't just vanish, a chunk of it does, but you will still see a good amount of people in spring time and fall season, even Christmas.

And some areas are "rough" but become more familiar with the area and of course have a couple guns in your house for safety. There is actually a lot to do as one person mentioned, its really nice. Just be careful if you want a house on the beach, be prepared.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever View Post
The only place in jersey I feel that is worth living is the Wildwood/Cape May area. The tourist seaon doesn't just vanish, a chunk of it does, but you will still see a good amount of people in spring time and fall season, even Christmas.

And some areas are "rough" but become more familiar with the area and of course have a couple guns in your house for safety. There is actually a lot to do as one person mentioned, its really nice. Just be careful if you want a house on the beach, be prepared.
lol yeah everyone who lives in a rough new jersey town should keep a couple loaded guns under their mattress. by god cant trust those gaddum porch monkeys up yonder how bout it

Old 12-05-2008, 01:25 PM

469 posts, read 1,640,312 times
Huh? If your being sarcastic w/e ... wow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey