Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 AM

1,552 posts, read 4,632,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metuchenitethruandthru View Post
The Side of metuchen near central avenue is going to be the ideal place to live in town. you will be able to be near metuchen's new extention of down town. in about five years the entire strip of central avenue will be redeveloped like west field an all brand new down town. The food town developement should be started this summer. the old dodge dealer is in the works to be developed. So is the land near joey d's.
Funny, ya know I seem to recall hearing the exact same thing several times before ... now where did I hear that?

Oh yeah, here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post8078340

and here

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post8078334

and here

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post8078325

and here

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post8078316

and here

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post8078307

You wouldn't, by chance, be selling your house in Metuchen near Central Ave, would you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 AM

825 posts, read 3,160,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo1040 View Post
Hey everyone,

We're still looking for a home in Metuchen and wanted to know if there are any areas we should stay away from?

We drove down Midland Ave last weekend and there are a few houses for sale but the street looks questionable, especially down near the Central Ave side. There are a few houses that look to be in a state of disrepair, which makes us wonder if in the block is on an upswing or a downswing?

Does anyone know anything about this section of the boro? Is it safe, more prone to crime, etc?

Thanks.
Not really. Metuchen is a good choice in my book. Even though it's considered a bit small (especially compared to Edison which entirely encompasses it), it offers a range of different areas, some being nicer than others. You can actually get a pretty decently sized home w/ a good yard in a good neighborhood for not a bad price.

I'll be honest though, it's not like a Pleasantville. It's nowhere near perfect, and it's not the safest and nicest town in New Jersey either. But it's good for what it has to offer. The Main Street area is really nice, it's got a lot of trees and numerous small shops, businesses and restaurants. I like that a lot. It's also pretty good if you're commuting to New York or anywhere else for that matter. It's got access to 287 and route 1. and route 27 I believe runs right through town. it's also got train access from Metuchen station.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:59 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Metuchen was good enough for Gov Florio to move to. Is he still there?
A "bad" section of Metuchen???? How do you define "bad"? I'm thinking bad section of Newark vs bad section of Metuchen and I laugh.
Exactly... Besides Metuchen is so small it would be really hard to have a bad section. And yes I believe Florio is still here.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:46 PM

112 posts, read 351,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
Funny, ya know I seem to recall hearing the exact same thing several times before ... now where did I hear that?

Oh yeah, here:

and here

and here

and here

and here

You wouldn't, by chance, be selling your house in Metuchen near Central Ave, would you?

forum problem? - as they were all posted at the exact same time

Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,632,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lplkemc View Post
forum problem? - as they were all posted at the exact same time
More likely, someone is advertising their business or house sale in that part of Metuchen, so they did a quick search for any threads with "Metuchen" in the name, then did a quick cut-and-paste job of posting the exact same message in every thread. Oh, and those 6 identical messages are the only messages that user has ever posted.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 PM

786 posts, read 2,663,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post

Oh yeah, here:

and here

and here

and here

and here

Talk about necroposts

Old 03-28-2009, 09:03 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
Not really any bad sections of Metuchen.

And it is true that the cops know the name of any teenager or potential troublemaker in town -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey