Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times

Advertisements

I see that they have websites for swoping vacation homes but has anyone heard of any permanent resident house swopping websites for NJ? We're looking to downsize and it would be great to find someone who is looking to upsize? Humm..maybe I'll just go and start a new website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:59 AM

I've actually found one! $19.99 to join. I'm game..see what it brings?

Online House Trading - Trade Houses - Home Trading

Old 08-23-2008, 06:25 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Good luck. If you want the URL for the real estate forum I go to, send me a DM. Pretty sure there was a post there about sites like this.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Good luck. If you want the URL for the real estate forum I go to, send me a DM. Pretty sure there was a post there about sites like this.
I think we are just going to try with a realtor again... I really don't want to sell or move but this recessed economy is taking a huge chunk out of our savings and it doesn't look like things will pick up. anytime soon..business wise.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I think we are just going to try with a realtor again... I really don't want to sell or move but this recessed economy is taking a huge chunk out of our savings and it doesn't look like things will pick up. anytime soon..business wise.
I thought you loved your home!! This is sad news, your ms. Hackestown to me with the huge pool!!! Ohh how sad!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I thought you loved your home!! This is sad news, your ms. Hackestown to me with the huge pool!!! Ohh how sad!
I know...I'm sad too but you gotta do whatcha gotta do to survive in this economy . We're looking in Hackettstown and surrounding areas. found a house that we absolutley love out in Stewartsville-Greenwich. Hopefully if we price right we will be able to sell quickly. No worries though... I'll still be plugging farfenuggen as the greatest twp. in NJ

Old 08-23-2008, 08:38 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
I know...I'm sad too but you gotta do whatcha gotta do to survive in this economy . We're looking in Hackettstown and surrounding areas. found a house that we absolutley love out in Stewartsville-Greenwich. Hopefully if we price right we will be able to sell quickly. No worries though... I'll still be plugging farfenuggen as the greatest twp. in NJ
Gosh, I love that area!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Gosh, I love that area!
Hackettstown or Stewartsville? Stewartsville is nice..downside is resale as they go to Phillipsburg HS and it's not rated very high. But I will hopefully be staying in the next house until they carry me out in my coffin so it'll be the "heirs" problem when it comes time to sell

Old 08-23-2008, 09:17 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:

Hmmm, why not come to Oxford, sheets are incuded in the purchase price. Seriously though, lots of nice stuff in White Twp. Have you looked there yet?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Hmmm, why not come to Oxford, sheets are incuded in the purchase price. Seriously though, lots of nice stuff in White Twp. Have you looked there yet?
Nothing in White which surprised me. Oxford..err ah...no offense . We actually loved the Stewartsville-Greenwich area. Went to MickD's for lunch in PBurg..they had friggin' flat screen TVs..how cool! Found a house but now we just need to sell, sell, sell! Hey, how about you and BF? Plenty of room for a new 5 bay man cave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey