Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:53 PM

78 posts, read 400,525 times

Advertisements

You may also want to look at Kingston, Kendall Park and Skillman area. They are less than 20 minutes to Princeton by route 27 or 609. Good schools and convenient to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,348 times
we are looking to buy a home in a quaint beautiful town in new jersey not far from the beach. we have 4 children and 5 dogs, so we need a decent size home and property. we're looking to spend between $300-400,000. i've heard the taxes are very high in new jersey, but i was hopeing you can reccommend a home that fits this description. can you reccommend an area that is low in taxes also.

please get back to me
thanx,
Craig Arcamone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRmom View Post
Brielle has some really nice townhouses for under 500,000 that are 2000 square feet. It is a small quaint town with an elementary school that goes from K-8th grade. The high school is in Manasquan. It is also only 3miles to the beach.
If you need more information e-mail me.
Good luck!!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:50 AM

646 posts, read 2,668,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklegirl_19 View Post
Again taking into consideration
1. 30-1hr commute to Princeton
2. $500K max on house (newish home 0-10yrs old)
3. excellent elementary schools (eg. good test scores, no bussing, my child will actually go to the school nearby)
4. taxes are a concern
5. somewhat nearby to shopping (eg. target, costco, superwalmart)
6. walkable interesting downtown (prefer but not necessary)

These are the towns we're thinking of (so far):

a) Plainsboro
b) West Windsor
c) Monmouth Jct
d) Cranbury
e) South Brunswick
f) Milltown
g) Millstone
h) Jackson

i) Middletown
j) Colts Neck
k) Cream Ridge
l) Robbinville
m) Robertsville
n) Monroe

If anyone has any other suggestions for family oriented/good school towns please let me?

Thanx so much

Wall,Belmar,SpringLake(price will be tough) same with Sea Girt,SpringLake heights,Manasquan,Brielle or Point Pleasant. These are a further drive but closer to the Ocean but great family towns.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:15 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigarc View Post
we are looking to buy a home in a quaint beautiful town in new jersey not far from the beach. we have 4 children and 5 dogs, so we need a decent size home and property. we're looking to spend between $300-400,000. i've heard the taxes are very high in new jersey, but i was hopeing you can reccommend a home that fits this description. can you reccommend an area that is low in taxes also.

please get back to me
thanx,
Craig Arcamone
I've seen newer houses for a decent price in Barnegat and Little Egg Harbor, but I'm not sure how good the schools are.

A big house for four kids and dogs close to the beach between 300-400 is not going to be feasible. I'm going to be honest.

Your best bet is probably going to be Jackson, otherwise, look into South Jersey.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,349 times
I am a single mother looking to relocate to a safer, pleasant, christian church homes, good high schools & affordable enviorment within the Monmounth or Ocean County for myself & 15 yr. old daughter. Unfortunately, I do not have the means to purchase a home & have to convert to Public Housing for living. If anyone can provide me with any insight as to how safe of an enviorment Monmounth & Ocean County Public Housing provides & which locations are the best for a single mother rising a 15yr old female, that would be of great help to me! Thank u & God bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey