Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:12 PM

253 posts, read 997,340 times

Advertisements

Our daughter is engaged and looking at catering facilites in Northern NJ. They want to keep things simple, so even if it's a fairly upscale place, they dont' want to be over the top. That being said, they're seriously looking at Ravello's in East Hanover. I've never been there (at least since they knocked down the old Poor Henry's restaurant that used to be there - HA!) wondering if anyone has anything to say about it - good - not so good - anything?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 04:14 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,939,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagldot View Post
Our daughter is engaged and looking at catering facilites in Northern NJ. They want to keep things simple, so even if it's a fairly upscale place, they dont' want to be over the top. That being said, they're seriously looking at Ravello's in East Hanover. I've never been there (at least since they knocked down the old Poor Henry's restaurant that used to be there - HA!) wondering if anyone has anything to say about it - good - not so good - anything?

Thanks
Went to a christening there a couple years ago. It was very nice. The food and service were excellent.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 AM

16 posts, read 90,802 times
Never heard of it, but I got married at The Indian Trail Club in Franklin LAkes, it was perfect. We didn't want the typical crystal chandaliers and mirrors thing. They were also reasonably priced at the time, in 2004

Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM

19 posts, read 124,584 times
We got married at st Anthony's in Hawthorne and went to Pasta e pollo for dinner it was absolutley beautiful and he shut the whole restarant down for us. I guess the best question would be how many people were you planning on attending as that will be the determining factor as to what places your group will "fit" into.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:01 PM

7 posts, read 35,349 times
....... Ravello's in East Hanover .....

Depending on your budget, Ravello actually is fairly good value. starting at only $40 pp for buffet style party. If you can swing more, I would highly recommend the West Orange Manor The Manor

Old 07-11-2008, 10:57 PM

253 posts, read 997,340 times
Thanks to everyone so far for the suggestions. Daughter and Fiance liked Ravello's for a number of reasons. They thought the prices were good, and the fact that the prices don't change for the different seasons, therefore they could afford to get married in June perhaps.

If anyone else has any Ravello's info - let me know, and again, thanks for the feedback.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,369,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagldot View Post

Thanks
I've never been there, but I found some reviews off the Web.

Ravello Ristorante & Caterer, East Hanover, NJ : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Diane G

Old 07-12-2008, 09:58 AM

195 posts, read 648,806 times
Rockleigh Country Club and Venetian! Both are luxury, greit food and service!
Both are located in Bergen County.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:33 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,939,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
Rockleigh Country Club and Venetian! Both are luxury, greit food and service!
Both are located in Bergen County.
Rockleigh Country Club is awesome. My cousin was married there a few years ago. The food was to die for.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 35,349 times
Question Service Charges

When you throw a party at the banquet halls, is it common to tip the manager (forget what's the fancy french name they use!) who takes care of your party on top of the usual 20% gratuities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey