Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 08:53 AM

9,335 posts, read 20,682,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Western / Northwestern Jersey is the way to go if you want more for your money. Taxes are climbing out this way though...older home, no problem - newer home - forget it! Average property taxes on a new home out here are about 12K/yr!
So, suggested in another way, you are paying over the length of a 30 year fixed mortgage 360k in taxes. That's if the taxes didn't go up. That's like having to pay for two homes for the privilege in living in one house.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM

88 posts, read 366,360 times
Born n raised in NJ.........Left Jersey in 2006.. Moved to Miami... you cant pay me a million dollers to move back to nj!.. Due to a sucky economy.. i have to relocate to B-more, MD.. but as soon as things are strong again.. i will be back in the M.I.A!!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 AM

17 posts, read 26,197 times
Moved to suburban Atlanta area and been here for eight years. Would move back to Jersey in a minute. After leaving New Jersey I could not afford to move back. They really dont like us down here.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:07 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,279,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatornavymike View Post
Moved to suburban Atlanta area and been here for eight years. Would move back to Jersey in a minute. After leaving New Jersey I could not afford to move back. They really dont like us down here.
That's funny- I've been here in Atlanta from NJ for almost a year now, and haven't run into a single person who "really doesn't like us down here"- in fact, most of the folks "down here" aren't even "from here"........

Old 05-02-2008, 12:47 PM

171 posts, read 620,165 times
Default The only thing I miss from N.J. is...

the N.J. attitude and the wonderful women. A lifelong Jersey boy, I've been down here in Florida for six years and it is OK, but no one like a Jersey woman. They are so attractive with their sassy wits and honest upfront manner.

I told a Florida girl she reminded me of Katie Couric, and the response was " I don't know her. Does she live in Port Charlotte?"

Duh???????????????????????????????????????:ee k:

Bottom line; Jersey is just too damn expensive for what you get. The people are GOLD!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM

474 posts, read 1,255,182 times
Default That's The Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
the N.J. attitude and the wonderful women. A lifelong Jersey boy, I've been down here in Florida for six years and it is OK, but no one like a Jersey woman. They are so attractive with their sassy wits and honest upfront manner.

I told a Florida girl she reminded me of Katie Couric, and the response was " I don't know her. Does she live in Port Charlotte?"

Duh???????????????????????????????????????:ee k:

Bottom line; Jersey is just too damn expensive for what you get. The people are GOLD!!!
Ain't nothin' like a Jersey Girl. I'm proud to be one, and always will be no matter where I go. There's a reason why the phrase "Jersey Girl" is so well-known! We speak our minds and if someone doesn't like it, tough!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,340,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecayingAngel View Post
My friends all disappeared when I got ill and stopped working, so nothing there to miss. I will miss the good doctors I've found here.

As for family, the less said about my husband's relatives, the better. We can't wait to put more distance between us. Very bitter feelings. Don't care if we ever see or hear from them again. And I mean that.

My mother--we seem to do better in a long distance relationship then when we're physically close. It's always been a bumpy ride with her as we are as different as night and day and she's always favored my brother. I only see her about 4 times a year as it stands now anyway.

Brother--we've never really been that close for some reason. I will miss my young nieces but again, I rarely get to see any of my relatives.

So I guess it's kind of a non-issue with me. Believe me, I wish it were different, but on the one hand there is a dysfunctional family and on the other there is a closeness but it's not really expressed much. Hard to explain.

Guess really it's my mother I'll miss, but I'm not that helpful to her in my present condition anyway. And our future survival--financial and otherwise--hinges on our relocation. Too many details to get into.

So it does boil down to personal situations, I guess.
Why would your friends desert you when you became Ill. If anything isn't that the time you should be supporting your friends? I would not disapear just because a friend got ill. If anything I would want to help her.

My son will be leaving NJ soon also. It's just to expensive for young people today. He really enjoys all the Music Venues to go to here , in a short distance from home.

Diane G

Old 05-03-2008, 01:21 PM

741 posts, read 3,503,208 times
YES! I would come back. But like the other's said, living in NJ is like paying for 2 houses. I really miss my mean, bad attitude, in your face friends. And the Diners, and FRESH seafood. Oh how I wish I could run over to the Keyport fishery.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:53 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,297,956 times
Well, IF money were no object, I'd do like Moses and get the entire family outta here!
Let my people go! As I see it, family is the ONLY reason to stay.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:01 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,359,599 times
Being broke, living paycheck by paycheck for a small size living quarter is NJ all the way. If you are rich, stick with NJ. If not, its a struggle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey