Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Sunil's dad, I can finally say I agree with you. You must be an old timer. Good for you. The beat cop died years ago when I started because of lawsuits and indictments. I did work though. When I was a teen and was getting into trouble I was afraid of the beat cop more than my parents. Bring back the early 70's and crime would go down
LOL. Yes, I am somewhat of an old timer. I do miss the '70s........best music ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey man View Post
good job trenton police. But whats fortunate and unfortunate is this sting resulted in injuries. The cops suck it up and move on and the al sharptons will be in trenton saying the police brutally beat up the (children) and put there graduation picture in the paper and not their mug shots.

lol.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 AM

173 posts, read 818,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Sometimes accidents happen- that's all I'm saying. You had two little a-holes that were willing to pull a gun on someone, and potentially murder him- I suppose you think they should just get a little reprimand and be sent on their merry way so they can tell all their friends what they did? Or perhaps they should spend 10 years in prison, which costs the taxpayers what, $60k/year each? Maybe if a few of these kids ended up dead, it'd serve as a warning to the others who consider doing such things....

I don't know what you are saying. I can't tell if you are advocating that police officers, swown to uphold the law, should break the law by murdering someone. Cause I think that's what you are saying.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,932,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Back in those days you got a double beating
One from the beat cop (no pun on the name) and one from
your parents when you got home.
My problem was one of my uncles was one of the beat cops (so i got it worse than anybody else)

Today
the parents can't even hit the kids, if they do then they have to worry about child services knocking on the door.

Amen. It's the same in the schools. I never had the principal call my Mom to school, because I was a good kid, but if I would have...OMG, I would have been terrified. Not that my Mom beat me, but you knew what was expected of you - and if my Mom had to come to school, taking time out of her busy day, to be humiliated by my behavior...oh, I'd be knowing about it BUT GOOD. Most kids were the same way back then. But now, my friends who are in education tell me how the parents walk in with an attitude of "it's not my kid, it's YOU" before they even address the issue.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
LOL. Yes, I am somewhat of an old timer. I do miss the '70s........best music ever.
What constitutes an old timer? LOL
I was a kid in the 70's and I really remember them fondly. But I know it's nostalgia...there were many problems then too.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
lol.
See, Sunil's Dad... I don't think they get us. LOL

Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 AM

[quote=EEEPNJ;5014634]What constitutes an old timer? LOL
I was a kid in the 70's and I really remember them fondly. But I know it's nostalgia...there were many problems then too.[/quote]

yeah, no doubt about that, which is why I focused on the music.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeepnj View Post
see, sunil's dad... I don't think they get us. Lol

Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,599,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
See, Sunil's Dad... I don't think they get us. LOL
We get you loud and clear. That's why we have different views. Thats whats great about america.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 AM

4,285 posts, read 10,743,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Sometimes accidents happen- that's all I'm saying. You had two little a-holes that were willing to pull a gun on someone, and potentially murder him- I suppose you think they should just get a little reprimand and be sent on their merry way so they can tell all their friends what they did? Or perhaps they should spend 10 years in prison, which costs the taxpayers what, $60k/year each? Maybe if a few of these kids ended up dead, it'd serve as a warning to the others who consider doing such things....

well im guessing when the kid "fell" he actually got his butt kicked by the cop lol.

But good job to the police on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: