Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 PM

468 posts, read 580,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
People from Pennsylvania are a different breed. I divorced my ex who was from Scranton but that's not the reason I divorced her.
You can say that again! I think I've spent about equal time in PA as I had in NJ and most of the relationships I had with PA people have fallen apart for one reason or another. When they say You've Got *A* Friend in PA that's about the total
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
You can say that again! I think I've spent about equal time in PA as I had in NJ and most of the relationships I had with PA people have fallen apart for one reason or another. When they say You've Got *A* Friend in PA that's about the total
The friends I have in Pa. are all from out of state--NJ and NY. I get the distinct impression that people from Pa are intimidated by people from NJ and NYC.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:55 PM

I agree. As much as they like to argue against it,I think that's what's happening.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
I agree. As much as they like to argue against it,I think that's what's happening.
We've been exposed to a lot but, by no means, have we done everything.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 AM

504 posts, read 1,579,268 times
One thing I can say about Jersey people is that for the most part
they're down to earth and it's fast paced just like NYC. I used to
hang out in Jersey alot back in the 90's. Out here in VA it's like
everyone just want to take their time with time with things and
it's just annoying. Give me the fast paced Tell you like it is attitude
anyday over the fake smile in my face and talk about me foolishness.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:34 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberland View Post
People ask me why I divorced my ex- simple answer: He is from NJ.
NJ sucks. The accent is so horrific and a complete turnoff. The women have big, ratty hairdos and wear clothes from 1989.
Also note to every person in NJ-
Buy a jewelery box! You do not have to wear every ring and necklace you own at all times.
Everything looks like the Archie Bunker set.
Ha ha!! That's funny--the Archie Bunker set!! Now you see, I worked really hard to get rid of any accent I might have had and I personally hate the really strong NY/NJ accent. Frankly, it makes otherwise intelligent people sound very unintelligent. And people who drape themselves in all kinds of jewelry? Ridiculous!!! No one I know who lives here does that...actually, some of the African Americans I see around work seem to like to wear a lot of jewelry, but the majority of us (all races included here) don't. I don't know who you were encountering, but the majority of the people I know are up to date with clothes/hair, although I have noticed a few who are still stuck in the 80's... And btw, my ex-husband is from California (I see you're planning to head there). He' s gone, but it had nothing to do with the state!! He would be an *** no matter where he was from!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
The people in NorthEastern Pennsylvania are the same way. Very laid back, think they have all the time in the world, live their "exciting" lives through others who have a live. I had a chance to spend a day working on the Queen Elizabeth 2 and the people here couldn't fathom someone being on a cruise ship let alone working on one.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
Nj people are survivors!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
Again when I was in VA back in the late 90s I didn't really have much of a problem with them,and I was actually glad to be away from the fast pace of NJ! However the same things you describe about VA I find in PA instead,and most times now without the fake smile...or any smile!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:25 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,398 times
Your post doesn't make sense--it can't be cliquish and transient at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
I guess it all depends on what part of FL you are talking about..i lived in Orlando..very transient town..lots of tourists and retired folks. It just wasnt for me...very cliquish town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey