Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2007, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 11,022 times

Advertisements

My husband and 2 kids are being transferred from Alaska to McGuire AFB this summer and are looking for an area that family friendly with good elementary schools. Any towns better than others? What about Cookstown? I really appreciate any info you can give us.

Thank you so much.
Dana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 07:25 PM

113 posts, read 462,078 times
Cookstown , NJ is very small and is primarily made up of military families. There are no major stores such as supermarkets etc. It is sandwiched between McGuire Air Force Base and the training grounds of Fort Dix. The schools are what I would consider "fair" by most standards. The schools are small, consisting of one elementary ( New Hanover ), and high school age kids are bussed to Bordentown HS and possibly Northern Burlington. The HS are both good sized and offer a variety of athletic and academic programs. THeir reputation are good. I'm speaking from experience when I talk about Cookstown as my wifes grandmother & sister lived there for a perod of time. Cookstown is not much really to speak about. New Egypt ( town ) another small town is fairly close by 10 minutes and it has more to offer, but major shopping is a 25 minute drive from both.

I guess the major improvement in moving from Alaska to Cookstown may be the weather I imagine.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey