Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 PM

786 posts, read 2,662,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonutz nj View Post
did mad research, spent weeks, this is the list, if you think im wrong or missed somthing let me know

5 - Very Dangerous Area Overall, High Poverty, Very High Violent/Property Crime, Very High Drug Sales, High to Very High Murder Rate

Irvington
Camden
Newark
East Orange
Atlantic City
Trenton
Jersey City
Be afraid...be very afraid....the elf guy is coming to get you!

Btw, what stats did you use to get these?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
To E-TOWN-R.I.P: By what means are you determining the income of people sitting on the wall near the Grove Street PATH station, and what are your criteria for being a "scumbag" near the 99 cent store?

The people who hang out near the PATH station NEVER ask for money. I walk by there every day at least a couple times. Heck, I've even sat there and talked to friends. Usually when I do my walks in the morning, I haven't showered, and I've got an old plain t-shirt and sweat pants on. I wonder if you thought I was poor or homeless.
PRICELESS

Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 AM

82 posts, read 396,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Be afraid...be very afraid....the elf guy is coming to get you!

Btw, what stats did you use to get these?
the elf man is comming to get you??....number one..what do you mean? why would you say that? that makes no sense...are you young? how old are you?

and two...the reaserch was based off every website that offers crime statistics including this one, even downloaded the FBI report for the sate of NJ and...cuz I live here

Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
the elf man is comming to get you??....number one..what do you mean?
Hmmm...it was a reference to elflord1973. who would doubtless argue your placing JC in that first group.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...it was a reference to elflord1973. who would doubtless argue your placing JC in that first group.
oooooooh ok hahahah yea my appologies

Old 05-10-2009, 05:04 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,652 times
Quote:
the elf man is comming to get you??....number one..what do you mean? why would you say that? that makes no sense...are you young? how old are you?

and two...the reaserch was based off every website that offers crime statistics including this one, even downloaded the FBI report for the sate of NJ and...cuz I live here

Wow you even got the FBI reports, impressive. JC with that first group really, I wouldn't of thought that it would be in a category with the other cities listed in that group.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:47 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,273,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Wow you even got the FBI reports, impressive. JC with that first group really, I wouldn't of thought that it would be in a category with the other cities listed in that group.
Jersey City has some very bad areas (Greenville, and to a lesser extent, Bergen Lafayette) that skew the aggregate crime numbers. The aggregate crime numbers have very little to do with the crime rate in the parts of Jersey City that anyone who posts here would consider moving to (the heights, downtown, and Journal Square)

If you were to calculate the average crime rate for Essex county, there is enough crime in Newark, Irvington, East Orange and Orange to produce a high crime rate for the entire county; yet this doesn't alter the fact that Cedar Grove, Verona and Short Hills are pretty safe towns.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM

526 posts, read 2,068,014 times
Quote:
PRICELESS
POINTLESS

Old 05-11-2009, 03:04 PM

according to research there is alot of crime there, not like Newark, East Orange, and Irvington and yes if we combined those 3 it would probably be the most dangerous in the country

Old 05-11-2009, 04:58 PM

29 posts, read 94,169 times
Parts of each town offer way different sides of life. Elizabeth for example. Has a large diverse population, is kinda old and worn down in some spots, but also has new areas that make up for it. Linden is pretty average and safe. Jersey City is a large city where crime is rampant, but again... live 2 blocks from the scene of a crime and you may never see one, you know? Thats pretty much how all of this area is.

I live in Newark. People get shot around the corner and a few blocks away but thats because they involve themselves with the wrong people/places. My block is generally family oriented and safe. Kids are playing outside on skateboards as I type this.

In general- rough yourself up and you'd be fine in any one of these towns. They're not for the timid, but can be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey